odd, only one plant...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
has these leaves that look "dry" (see pic). It is not even the tallest plant. Heat? Nute? Fluke? the other 6 plants are green as can be. Any ideas?

1. How tall are your plants now? tallest is 4", smallest 2", the problem plant is 3 1/2".

2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently? 9" it's a constant distance.

3. How old are they? Day 16

4. What strain are they? Northern Light x Big Bud

5. Did you start them from seed or clone? Seed

6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons? I am using hydroponic DWC with bubblers and there is 2 and 1/2 gallons of water in the tub.

7. What type of media are you using? Rockwool cubes.

8. What type of lights do you use? 400 watt Metal Halide.

9. What nutrients are you feeding your plants? Dyna-Grow

10. How often, and when was the last time? Once a week, 4 days ago.

11. Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow? I have 3 fans. One exhaust and one intake for the light and one exhaust (fart fan) in the top of the caddy.

12. Temperature of the grow area? a pretty steady 80 degrees.

13. Humidity of the grow area? 28%

14. Is CO2 being introduced? What method? No

15. Do you use Odor Control, (carbon, ionizer, ozone gen)? Do need to yet.

16. Do you use LST? HST? I finger bend the large leaves but not a serious LST.

day 16.jpg

day 16a.jpg

That's a tough one RAV, I'm guessing it is just a weakly pheno. Perhaps they were F2 seeds. Is it rapidly getting worse or just seem stunted? How do the roots look? I know once it gets big enough to 'tangle' roots with the others, it could be tough to remove it. Are these potential mothers, or going straight to flower?

Elephant Man said:
That's a tough one RAV, I'm guessing it is just a weakly pheno. Perhaps they were F2 seeds. Is it rapidly getting worse or just seem stunted? How do the roots look? I know once it gets big enough to 'tangle' roots with the others, it could be tough to remove it. Are these potential mothers, or going straight to flower?

The roots are nicely separate right now but I am going to make some grow chambers next time to not have over 4 plants at a time as I see the crowding already...and to think the company claims you can grow 14 plants at once...HA!

This particular plant has the 2nd largest root mass. I am guessing that I poured my water with nutes too close to its roots. I'll keep an eye out for it to see if it is getting worse or just gonna take off with the others with "scabbed knees".

As far as mother plant... I haven't thought that far ahead! I've never gotten past vegging... I was just starting the flowering when I found out the last plant was male, so I've not gone into much about "mothering"... I had planned to take some clones from each plant and then which plant ended up as our fav we would keep a clone aside. But that is as far as my thinking on the subject has gone.

That tub should provide plenty of room for roots, the problem is, that if one dies or turns out to be male, then it will be tough to remove.

Added nutes through that plants site? I think that could do it. Try switching holes occaisionally.

Things will be much easier once you have clones, eliminates alot of variables.

14 plants in that setup? Sure, just not MJ;) .

Latest posts

Back