Off Brand Ballast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terky

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with these Ballasts? It doesn't say a brand name so I dot know the quality.

hXXp://cgi.ebay.com/600-WATT-600W-HPS-DIGITAL-GROW-LIGHT-AIR-COOL-TUBE-HOOD_W0QQitemZ160388189826QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2557e18e82

terky,

I hate to say it but unless you know how to assess the ads and the sellers, e-bay is a good place to get screwed. Once you learn the right questions to ask and the red flags to watch for it can be an excellent place to shop too.

If the seller is really reputable, he/she will answer your questions if you seem seriously interested and at least basically knowing what you are discussing. Most of them do NOT want to take their time to educate you about their product, but some of them do and if you find a seller like that remember him when you need to buy things.

EVERYONE --REMEMBER THAT A SELLER'S KNOWLEDGE CAN BE EVEN MORE VALUABLE THAN HIS PRICES. IF YOU FIND A SELLER HOW IS KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT GROWING MJ AND WILL TEACH YOU WHAT HE KNOWS, THEN YOU OWE IT TO HIM TO BUY FROM HIM UNLESS THERE IS AN UNREASONABLE MARKUP.

Happy New Year and GREAT SMOKING!

Yeah, thanks. I know how to use ebay. I don't communicate well through written words. I was wondering if Off Brand Ballasts are like Off Brand Tools.

When I buy tools I buy Craftsman because if it breaks (99% of the time they do not) they replace it no questions asked. If you buy tools at Harbor Freight you know they will fail in a minimum number of uses. But the best DVD player I ever had was a cheapo but it played every kind of media. Electronics are hard to judge on quality.

Anyways I went ahead and ordered it so we will see how long it lasts. If it fails I will just buy a nice Lumatek.

I went with the "off brand" when I bought my 600w digi from HTGsupply...it has been a great purchase so far...sometimes you hve to take chances...and you are so right about the harbor freight tools...they are dollar store quality...

I got my used magnetic lowbay 400w MH off ebay for 30 bucks. runs like a champ. just had to remote the socket and bulb. bought a new 400w bulb at lowes for 20bucks...50 buck setup :)

Latest posts

Back