oils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew immediately what he was talking about.

I just would not recommend using the stove to double boil it, somebody is gonna kill themselves. People have ended up on the news blowing up their garage making this stuff.

Allow me to clarify:

ISO oil is disgusting. Period. The best iso you can get is 99%...well...that other 1% or more stays in your oil, I can taste it almost every time.

ETD (Ether) is ok, potent but hard to handle.

Freon Hash is amazing, some folks call it jolly rancher because of the hard candy texture and composition.

Butane, some of the finest. Double boil by adding boiling water to a dish, then float the container with the solution in it, outside. This process takes a while and is extremely in-efficient....but it will keep the skin on your face.

Be sure to always clarify about processes, dont be a weird, internet secret keeper. PM or not...most folks are lazy and will just go and try something just by looking at the pictures.

If you choose to make butane be careful:

Butane is cold, it can cause freeze burns.
Butane is extremely flamible (duh) and is a hevay gas which will collect on the floor. Do not make butane oil near any open flame or pilot light.
Make sure the area is well ventilated.
Use pyrex.
Be patient.

I can get my extras to cook off in less than 2 hours....your process is painstakingly too long.
Plus, you kinda come off like a jerk on the internet.

Good day sir.

ability will never catch up with the demand for it.

;)
buzz said:
then go to smoke it, it will catch on fire when a flame is put to it ,
but if you double boil after the natural dissipation process it will ensure a clean ,solvent free ,beautiful amber oil!then when you go to smoke it , it surely wont catch fire.
Thank you
Interesting...On the really good batches of straight hash I make it will flare up/catch fire everytime if you let it...and that's using only ice and water. I'm not sure the solvent residue is solely responsible. I would agree that double boiling would probably remove some solvent left from the evap but what a time consumer.

The Effen Gee said:
I knew immediately what he was talking about.

I just would not recommend using the stove to double boil it, somebody is gonna kill themselves. People have ended up on the news blowing up their garage making this stuff.

Allow me to clarify:

ISO oil is disgusting. Period. The best iso you can get is 99%...well...that other 1% or more stays in your oil, I can taste it almost every time.

ETD (Ether) is ok, potent but hard to handle.

Freon Hash is amazing, some folks call it jolly rancher because of the hard candy texture and composition.

Butane, some of the finest. Double boil by adding boiling water to a dish, then float the container with the solution in it, outside. This process takes a while and is extremely in-efficient....but it will keep the skin on your face.

Be sure to always clarify about processes, dont be a weird, internet secret keeper. PM or not...most folks are lazy and will just go and try something just by looking at the pictures.

If you choose to make butane be careful:

Butane is cold, it can cause freeze burns.
Butane is extremely flamible (duh) and is a hevay gas which will collect on the floor. Do not make butane oil near any open flame or pilot light.
Make sure the area is well ventilated.
Use pyrex.
Be patient.

I can get my extras to cook off in less than 2 hours....your process is painstakingly too long.
Plus, you kinda come off like a jerk on the internet.

Good day sir.
i'm not anybody's keeper.if somebody want's to take faulty information,then be lazy and try to apply that.WOW
maybe you were the guy that blew up and ended up on the news.:D
while my process is painstakingly to long.it ensures their will be no spark,no catching fire,no funny taste,no pop,no sizzle. you said it your self, 2 hours
floating a container over boiling water outside is extremely in-efficient.

OGKushman said:
grrrrrrrrrSomeone is butthurt :rofl:

sorry I revealed your precious secrets. But, you are correct. I am dumb. :)

Did you know that Pyrex makes more baking equipment then chemistry supplies. Have you ever, by-chance, heard of Corning Ware... Smart Guy?

Try
The fact that you are 35 does not make you smarter, nor does it make us think you are cool.
Idiot Poster.

Edit:
Here is the pic I sent him in a PM. And a pic of the dish's logo.:D
:D the fact that i am 35 does make me smarter and yes i am cool.
pay attention...you use a cake pan/baking pan thats pyrex.how ghetto and lazy is that? pyrex or not. a cake pan/baking pan is not the right tool for the job.:confused:

jj 129.jpg

jj 128.jpg

jj 106.jpg

Yawn....

Do something new and impress us...

Lots of different ways to make butane oil.
...and your my friend, is not the best I have seen. Actually, maybe a B+ at best.

Thanks for wasting everyones time though!
buzz said:
i'm not anybody's keeper.if somebody want's to take faulty information,then be lazy and try to apply that.WOW

...at least I shared, nice metal dish though. Really professional looking.

Sorry to take you down a notch, not like it was not needed.

...But that is not the greatest butane extract (which it is nothing more) I have seen.

Plus, smoking that stuff all the time is in my book...tweeker status.
Nothing good can come from smoking concentrated butane oils regularly. I have seen it turn a pro into a paranoid delusional hypertensive nutcase.

...and yes, it's from vaping butane oil by the ounces on the month. It happens.

Go to grasscity or marijuana dot com if it's praise or awe you are seeking.
But thanks again for not sharing.

buzz said:
the fact that i am 35 does make me smarter and yes i am cool.
pay attention...you use a cake pan/baking pan thats pyrex.how ghetto and lazy is that? pyrex or not. a cake pan/baking pan is not the right tool for the job.

...and the fact that you are 35 and jump on the internet with the attitude of a 7 year old opens up a pretty significant number of questions..

Like: Where were you when they were handing out grown up words?
Or: With age comes responsibility, teach.
Possibly: Utilize complete sentence structures to convey information more effectively.

...and yes. B+ at best.
Your batch is awfully cloudy. We are looking for clear, almost like movie popcorn butter quality.

I hope you are not letting that go in any dispenceries without properly labeling your product. You can get in big trouble for that you know...

Butane oils are not in any way healthy for human consumption.

the fact that i am 35 does make me smarter and yes i am cool.
hee hee hee.. come on now, let's not be silly.... if that held any truth then it makes me a frikkin' genius and soo dad-gum "kool" I'll frost yer britches... :rofl:
Age only seperates the fools from the 'old' fools..;)

Thoughts from an old fool - I thought growing and enjoying this stuff was supposed to be fun. 40 years ago this summer us old farts tried to show everyone how to be cool and peaceful and tolerant. Buzz is obviously proud of his work and wanted to share but bad attitudes and egos (including his) have killed it. Let's all just chill out, smoke our stash and try to remember why we come here in the first place.:chillpill:

buzz said:
dam i dunno what to say
how about
sorry MP.com for coming off as an elitist jerk, there is still a lot for someone like me to learn, even at such a very old and decrepit age of 35.

:hubba:

Hey man . . . I'm 37 and I'm a newbie - But I've been smoking for 20 years. Buzz, If you do your thing well, great for you. I think the defensive attitude from the get-go is what p.o.'d peeps here. We are ALL here to read, learn and enjoy . . . so like scat said, go fire something up and relax.

peace

buzz said:
this is how i did it. love them oils
If you want oils you need a still------ the old "Iso" still are still great-- pour grain alcohol in the bottom---put your plant materials in the basket-- add a water/ice mix on top-- makes a great quality oil from blond hash-- it will concentrate any plant material into oil-- but ---crap in--crap out-------------on that note --when I made my first crop to sell about 1975, no one would pay my asking price because they knew I grew it--- I reduced the leaves to oil(the Iso) split some river cane into 6 in. strips,wrapped the buds around it with hemp fiber and dipped them into the oil--HOLY **** I HAD THI STICK ---sold for twice what I asked for it--always keep in mind the "value added" effect of oil

buzz said:
36 cans of vector
1 pound of premium trim
you should get anywhere from a half ounce to a full once of beautiful amber oil.
now, if any body is real serious about making great honey oil, send me a private message.
then i will be happy to let you in on my secrets. step by step from a to z.
or is that not good enough?

36 CANS!?!?!?! Are they the 300 ml cans? I almost only smoke BHO and I love seeing others being big BHO users. IMO, 36 cans of Vector is an EXTREMELY high amount of butane to use for 1 pound. Not to critique your method, because you appear to know what your doing, but I have found that each of the big cans is good for about an ounce of nugs. Using less butane seems to make the oil much closer to a strong amber color and makes the taste MUCH, MUCH better. Also, that is a really long purge, although I have never done a run that big, so it may in fact be necessary. I usually only yield about 2-3 grams between my first run and second runs. My experience and research has led me to believe that ~15 min/gram of oil is the amount of purging that is best. Much more then that seems to darken the color and leave a burnt taste to the oil. If you want to hear my full method, just shoot me a PM and I will try to put it all down on paper for you. But the realy secrets that I have learned are: 1. run full nugs first; 2. use small amounts of butane; 3. run ground up nugs second and keep the first runs and second runs seperate (friend oil and personal oil).

Here are some questions for you thou...
What type of extraction tube are you using and what type of filter are u using.
Does the whole lb. go into one tube? Or is it several runs?
Do you do more then one run?

Thanx man, BHO FTW!!!!!!

philly4life said:
Here are some questions for you thou...
What type of extraction tube are you using and what type of filter are u using.
Does the whole lb. go into one tube? Or is it several runs?
Do you do more then one run?

Thanx man, BHO FTW!!!!!!

i use the honey bee hXXp://www.head-nature.com/02527.html i shoot 2 cans of butane through each load.i use coffee filters over the extractor to be extra safe
(no particles).

jj 010.jpg

Latest posts

Back