ok i got pics of my plant(s) help/tips are greatly appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it depends on the size/demention of your grow area

i think the nute pack i was telling you about is called sugar daddy ...

its not browning its actually more of a reddening just on the top branches comin out from the middle

did u use any rooting hormone? u need to buy some rooting hormone powder or gel. u can find it at walmart in the garden section! peace and chicken grease! dur

so you think its turnin red like that because i dont have the right nutrient or hormone?? hmmm my bday is sunday and i get monaye! so im gonna make a list of stuff to grab. Thanks Doc!

OK Update Time!~~Put another CFL in my closet and took down a poster so the white wall is behind Wanda Mac(formerly Bernie) and put Rita(formerly rick james) where there is just the one CFL since she is smaller. both are very close to the light. Rita is growin out from the topping =)
recent

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/showphoto.php/photo/7498/cat/recent/limit/recent

dude go to walmart and go to the lighting section and buy a few flourescent grow lights. there only 10$ a piece. get some rooting hormone. chop those things and repot in bigger pots. plug the tubes in and be ready for a big change. get plain soil with no nutes and a bag of sand and perlite. and get a ph kit.. all these r a must for a sucessful grow

that is the bare minimum for at least some ok smoke

ok quick ? my friend sed you have to get some male pollen to put on the pistil of the female to bud..... correct or incorrect?

ur friend needs to do some research.... that is incorrect you pollinate the female to produce seeds. just like a girl dude. the bud is like her egg in her ovary. but if a dude spreads his SEED then .. well you know the rest...

dr_toker81 said:
chop those things and repot in bigger pots. plug the tubes in and be ready for a big change. get plain soil with no nutes and a bag of sand and perlite. and get a ph kit.. all these r a must for a sucessful grow

what do you mean chop them?? make them clones? and why sand and perlite? thanks for all your tips n such!! :aok:

sand a perlite for water retention and drainage. yeah chop them and re root them... get some rooting powder and cut the stem right above the first set of leaves at an angle and dip it in water then in rooting powder then put in new pot of GOOD soil... they will take 5 or more days to get back on track but it will be worth it in the end you wont have a sagging plant that cant hold its own weight

i messed it up it fell out of my closet!!! and i almost crapped!!!! LOL! O well i still have the little one and imma grow another one thank you ALOT ALOT anyways!

the little one has two pretty tops now because apparently i topped it perfectly YAAAAAY! ill get pics up in little while

lol well i guess its never too late to start indoors huh.

dr_toker81 said:
sand a perlite for water retention and drainage. yeah chop them and re root them... get some rooting powder and cut the stem right above the first set of leaves at an angle and dip it in water then in rooting powder then put in new pot of GOOD soil... they will take 5 or more days to get back on track but it will be worth it in the end you wont have a sagging plant that cant hold its own weight

Sand adds nothing to drainage and you don't need perlite,period.

Have you done side by side tests with 100% compost Vs. compost+perlite?

I know folk who have and 100% compost wins,I know perlite is generally accepted as a good thing but it just aint so if you do the research.

Acceptance of perlite came about through the early cannabis growing pioneers in California in the sixties.

Back then indoor growing was under 1000w hps and they kept trying to grow huge plants in HUGE plant pots,and thats where they came into problems as they were starting seedlings in a huge pot and this we now know runs into anaerobic conditions below the compost line and big plant health issues as they didn't pot up vegging plants in stages which would have sorted things completely.

Their answer was adding masses of perlite which through the increased aeration covered their BAD PRACTICE of placing tiny plants in huge pots.

Perlite is not needed,adds to your carbon footprint and you pollute the environment when disposing of the stuff.

Raphee,just get those extra lights fired up and you'll be fine.MG isnt the best but you can still get a good result as long as you don't overfeed,all the best with your grow.

Well, that is one mans opinion. There are thousands(at least) that disagree, me one of them.

And there are plenty of composts out there that will require more, better drainage/aeration for optimal growth. It isn't simply a myth, cultivated by perlite producers to sell the product. Though I can agree to some extent, with your post, I find it a bit apprehensive to suggest that perlite is "bad" and/or "never" needed. Perlite may not be a requirement, but in "many" composts, "something" will be required to improve aeration and drainage. You can't grow pot in mud....

hXp://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/527353/
a link that may help understand drainage and aeration in pots. NOTE.. even "his" recipes employ perlite.
I love perlite.:) I drive extra miles to obtain the 'large' 1/4"-1/2" stuff....;)

Hick said:
Well, that is one mans opinion. There are thousands(at least) that disagree, me one of them.

And there are plenty of composts out there that will require more, better drainage/aeration for optimal growth. It isn't simply a myth, cultivated by perlite producers to sell the product. Though I can agree to some extent, with your post, I find it a bit apprehensive to suggest that perlite is "bad" and/or "never" needed. ;)

I'm down with the hickster.... for instance... I like using a 70-30 mix of perlite to soil. NEVER a problem... makes things easy to not over water. But I can't grow carrots in soil let alone nething else. I like the close to hydro feel.

hmm where did my post dissapear to again???

i looked at ur pics. seeing what you bot and ur budget situation.. find a large box or something that has walls and get that thing closed in.. the more lumens per sq ft the better so if its enclosed with some kind of exaust and maybe some white paint on the inside of your box u might veg ok. as far as flowering you might have to buy a new light or at least some more cfls if planning on budding with them.. the buds wont be as dense but u can still do it with the cfls.. look into high pressure sodium.

Hick said:
Perlite may not be a requirement, but in "many" composts, "something" will be required to improve aeration and drainage. You can't grow pot in mud....

hXp://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/527353/
a link that may help understand drainage and aeration in pots. NOTE.. even "his" recipes employ perlite.
I love perlite.:) I drive extra miles to obtain the 'large' 1/4"-1/2" stuff....;)

thanks ill check that out!
if you look i just got some small pebbles from walmart to put around it. they work great and were half the price of the perlite stuff :cool: . i got it topped just right but i really want it to branch out more all around but i dont know how to get it to do that...

topping shouldn't be a problem at any stage, i once dropped a chain on a tiny seedling and knocked the growing tip off, a week later and it had 2 stems like siamese twins, it grew up healthy and got big buds on each, i don't recommend hitting your plants with chains though

stonegroove said:
topping shouldn't be a problem at any stage, i once dropped a chain on a tiny seedling and knocked the growing tip off, a week later and it had 2 stems like siamese twins, it grew up healthy and got big buds on each, i don't recommend hitting your plants with chains though

yeah that was an awesome grow i seen there groove. u r right i didnt have any problem topping i just want to get it bushy like more branches everywhere....

Latest posts

Back