Ok i made my room door wider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teslaman

Reaction score
I decided after trying to make a round water bucket oval, squeezing it through a narrow doorway that it was probably a good idea to make my attic room door wider, can anyone spot the 'deliberate mistake', pmsl.
teslaman

Attachments

• 6p.jpg
    6p.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 7p.jpg
    7p.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 8p.jpg
    8p.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
That rafter beam seems out of place, does it actually do any support of the roof?

That rafter beam seems out of place, does it actually do any support of the roof?

I've often wondered that but did cut through one in same house nearby and the ceiling underneath dropped slightly lol, so not doing it in my home.
teslaman

I've often wondered that but did cut through one in same house nearby and the ceiling underneath dropped slightly lol, so not doing it in my home.
teslaman
OK Dont cut it, most likely a secondary ceiling support , looks like a A frame.
You could always cut the angle off door needed to clear and use hinges to reattach the corner so it folds up and down before opening or closing. Black gorilla tape to seal the light gap where you cut should stay in place for many fold opens.

Take the door back to Home depot and get an open in door instead of open out

I made the door, alas slightly wrong, i'll just take my saw and remove the offending corner, cannot have an inwards swinging door as i want the full uninterrupted space inside room.
Teslaman

Latest posts

Back