Okay...let me have it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKlonedRanger

Reaction score
First grow, day 7 since flip to 12/12. I'm growing 2 blue mystic from Nirvana that didn't auto, and a beast called black nightmare gifted to me by a friend. I've got about 10 more of those seeds I'll be running again soon if the smoke is any good. He said it was, but I didn't get the opportunity to taste it myself.

These plants have survived a noob, and almost every calamity that can happen. They're sure to hermie, but I don't care. It's gonna be better seeded weed than I'm currently getting.

FFOF soil, and the trio of nutes. I'm watering about every 3 days, and feeding with every watering. Every other watering since flipping to flower, I'm adding molasses. I gave it the last feeding of veg nutes, and will switch to tiger bloom next watering. I've been upping the dosage every feeding since I've gotten my grow dialed in, and I think the plants have responded accordingly. 600 w HPS w/ lumatek ballast. Temps stay in the 75/76 range with RH around 56% with lights on. Lights come on at 4:30 PM, and go off at 4:30 AM, which is around the time that I get home from work so I can water when lights come on, and right around the time that I leave for work, so I can spend about 20 minutes looking at them and smelling them.

These flowers have just about doubled in the past 24 hours, and I giggle and get all giddy like a school girl when I go look at them after work.

So, fellow, more experienced growers, give me your honest, somewhat gentle opinions!

DSC00675.JPG

DSC00679.JPG

DSC00680.JPG

They look good, but a little crowded.

nova564t said:
They look good, but crowded.

Yeah, they had quite the veg experience to say the least. Next time we won't have a baby in the middle of the grow or a 2 week stay by my mother.

Yeh looking good but as nova said does look a little crowded. Light wont be able to get to all that bud at the bottom or is it just the way the pic is taken?

TheKlonedRanger said:
Yeah, they had quite the veg experience to say the least. Next time we won't have a baby in the middle of the grow or a 2 week stay by my mother.
I have had a couple plants that had to wait for bloom room space and got outa control.

Jericho said:
Yeh looking good but as nova said does look a little crowded. Light wont be able to get to all that bud at the bottom or is it just the way the pic is taken?

I was kneeling down when I took it, but you're right. There's a lot of tying down under the scenes to keep them low, but I know the bottom won't get much light. I'm already fixing this problem for my next grow.

3 x 3 x 6. Or close to there. I still have a good 18 to 24 inches to raise the light.

other than as mentioned it being a little crowded I think the plants look great, nice work :)

TheKlonedRanger said:
3 x 3 x 6. Or close to there. I still have a good 18 to 24 inches to raise the light.

Watch out they dont stretch, thats not alot of head room.

crowded but looking healthy.

Bummer about the non-auto issue, I'm having the same problem with the Jock Horror. I've had preflowers for 3 weeks now and that's where they are stuck. I don't know how Nirvana Shop can remain in business when handing out junk seeds and place the blame on us growers. I'm still waiting for replacement seeds that were supposed to be sent 12/12. Nirvana is off my shopping list permanantly.

Edit: Talking about Nirvana got me off track, sorry...............Nice grow!!!!!!!!!!

niteshft said:
Bummer about the non-auto issue, I'm having the same problem with the Jock Horror. I've had preflowers for 3 weeks now and that's where they are stuck. I don't know how Nirvana Shop can remain in business when handing out junk seeds and place the blame on us growers.
And I have 3 Nirvana short ryders that are 5 weeks old, 12/12 for the past week and can't even sex them yet. I'm joining you on the anti Nirvana auto campaign.

They look nice and green and bushy and......crowded. If you are only 7 days into 12/12, I think I would be for trimming some of the lower growth. Otherwise I see you ending up with a lot of light airy buds.

I've been happy with nirvana. They didn't auto, but because of the problems I had early on, it worked out better for me. I've read about your problem getting beans nite, and I'd feel the same as you if I had those problems. I'm gonna give them a second shot and order some of their 12/12 strains down the road.

THG: I have them tied down from the top of the plant to the sides of my tent and a lot of those side branches are stickin up. I get your point about the lower bud sites being light and airy. Would I have that same problem with the main colas and side branching that's facing the light? Also, can you or anyone else recommend what to trim? Just any of the lower leaves that don't have bud sites? How much stress is that going to put on the plant?

I've made it this far overcoming many problems and it's been a steep learning curve, but I'm loving it. I just would like to finish this up on a good note. I'm sure the bud is going to be better than what's available locally.

I am with THG....when I crowd my tent...which seems way too often....I strip the lower growth off the bottom of all my ladies...helps with air circulation and helps focus the plants energy on the colas that matter most. The only time I don't strip lower growth is if I need popcorn buds for hash...like my current run. Jmo

be carefull of PM ..make sure your ventilation is adequate
crowded rooms are a breeding ground for it.

When it comes to trimming i usually take off the whole branch that the lower bud sites are on. Get a sharp knife and just take it off a little away from the stem. Just the way i do it.

Thanks jericho and everyone. Lights come on in a few hours. I'll get to trimming then.

TheKlonedRanger said:
I've been happy with nirvana. They didn't auto, but because of the problems I had early on, it worked out better for me. I've read about your problem getting beans nite, and I'd feel the same as you if I had those problems. I'm gonna give them a second shot and order some of their 12/12 strains down the road.

They came today, 71 days after original ship date and more than a dozen emails. Hard to read the postmark but it was this month.

Latest posts

Back