Only 1 homebox L ,Moms and Clones ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asparagas

Reaction score
hello to all forum

it is my first grow.

i will buy a homebox L in 1 week.i have bought almost everything.but there is a big problem:

first, i have ONLY one growbox (that is homebox L ).In addition, i have 10 seeds.now my question:

i will grow my all seeds and i will have for example 7 female plants(and 3 male plants).i will have no seeds anymore.i want to continue always growing all the time without seeds.(i want to grow only using female clones )

that is why,i must do clones when my plants going to flowering (to see which ones female )
but it is problem:
i have only one growbox.and when i take clones from my main plants,main plants would be in flowering cycle(12 hours lights ).but my clones would need 24 hours lights (vegging period ).
and I have ONLY one grow box.

what can i do to keep on growing using clones without no more seeds ?

and remember,i have only one growbox .

thank you all.

Well, you can't. Sorry about that. I'm in the same situation and I get around it to some extent by doing an outdoor grow. You will need to reveg after flowering and then clone. Or alternatively take clones before flowering and label them and throw away the ones from male plants after flowering begins. But the clones will still go into flower anyway under 12/12...

well, i think i have 2 options for that situation
1)i can take clone just before harvest.after harvest,i would be able to vegging stage from beginning with my clones.is it true ?
2)i have to buy/make another box.even it may be microbox such as (50cm x 50 x 50cm ).is it true ?
3 )and there is no another way

I'd say the only realistic way to do this is to make another box. Doesn't have to be big, the dimensions you listed would be fine with a little cfl lighting, and should fit about anywhere.

asparagas said:
well, i think i have 2 options for that situation
1)i can take clone just before harvest.after harvest,i would be able to vegging stage from beginning with my clones.is it true ?
2)i have to buy/make another box.even it may be microbox such as (50cm x 50 x 50cm ).is it true ?
3 )and there is no another way

I agree with blancolighter--You need another box. IMO, you want to take your clones as soon as you can. The further they get into flowering, the harder they are to root and the longer it generally takes. If you wanted to wait until harvest, you would be better off revegging than taking clones, IME. I am not a good revegger. If you can make your new box a little taller, you can have a veg period that will help with your final yield. Clones generally take 10-14 days to root. The longer time you can give them vegging, the larger your flowering plant will be.

so i have an idea for this.i will keep only a mom always 24 hours light in a seperate microbox.
and i will take clones from the mom after i harvest the plants in homebox.

but i put 6400k cfls top the mom.would CFL decrease the product(clones) quality?
should i use MH for mom that would be always 24 hours light ?

asparagas said:
but i put 6400k cfls top the mom.would CFL decrease the product(clones) quality?

Yeah but that might be a little over kill and would leave you with a huge power bill. I would suggest trying using the t5 fluro way with the mom. The Hemp Goddess is very often found bragging about this lighting method and i have a friend who is currently doing the same with his whole crop with much success. I say save your money and use the t5 for veg and spend that saved money and get ya a really nice cool tube hp's for flowering

especially if you wanna veg on a 24 hour cycle. why not go with 18-6 light schedule?

asparagas said:
so i have an idea for this.i will keep only a mom always 24 hours light in a seperate microbox.
and i will take clones from the mom after i harvest the plants in homebox.

A mom will survive just fine with a lot less light--I wouldn't use a MH on mom. I would keep her on 24/7 to help eliminate stretch. You do want to keep her somewhat bonsai'd if you do not have a lot of room. The clone quality will not suffer from using CFLs on mom.

guys i am very happy for these replies.
i wont use mh for vegging mom.it is ok;
but;
1) i cant decide should i use cfl or t5 floro for vegging mom ?i REALLY dont know..

2)do i have to always keep the lights (cfl or floro t5 ) and plant as close as possible(nearly 2-4 inches ) ? just like growing a normal plant with CFL?
(the ''vegging '' mom is not a normal plant because she would never go flowering.but a normal plant go flowering after vegging )
thanks

I just gotta say, I've just gotten on the T5 bandwagon and they are very nice for vegging.

Latest posts

Back