Outdoor Cloning ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ekoostik_Hookah

420Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So heres my question, i assume i can grow a mother, and clone outside??
Will i run into any problems if i move my mother outside, then take cuttings, and then root the cutting OUTSIDE?
I dont see why it wouldnt work? This would be in the month of march.... so can i do it? will a clone root outside?
I will be using the water cloning method... ;)

my bad, i found another post that answered this...but i would still like to talk about the subject...

cuttings need light and warm temps for optimal rooting...both of which OD in March, is not "ideal"..

Here where I live all of my planting is done after Easter, we usually have one last cold snap around that time here. As Hick said as long as you have the light and the warmth it will be fine. By warmth I am speaking of ground temperature, as well as the ambient temp. When I plant my clones outdoors I spend all winter getting the ground ready. I do not like to add ferts. once I have planted. I prefer to already have them in the ground, to let the plant do it's thing on it's own. Although once your babies begin to flower I often have to add just a little bit of potassium to really get those buds to puff up, and bring out the true flavor of the plant. I do not know if this is common elsewhere but that is just how it is growing amongst all the pine trees where I live... I pesonally found the less I have to do with outdoor plants the better they tend to do.Hope this helps you.

Latest posts

Back