Outdoor grow problems or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hottip

HOTTIP
Reaction score
I planted these on May 3rd, about 8 inches tall, they are all about 2 feet tall now . The slugs started out eating the leaves and I almost lost them. I put down some slug bait and that took care of the slugs. The growth characteristics seem to be a lot different from previous grows in this same garden spot. I think they are basically healthy and growing well. They are fertilized with Fox Farms Grow Big and Alaska Fish fertilizer. Pre-planting soil prep had added some Bat Guano and a teaspoon of Epson Salt but that's the way I do it every season in the same spot. They are all started from clones so I don't know what to expect. So do these look healthy or am I needing to take some action?

DSCN0502.JPG New leaves start out curled and twisted

DSCN0501.JPG The fan leaves are 3leaves to a stem not the normal 5 and very wide and new growth is twisted

DSCN0497.JPG Leaves are yellow in the middle but growth is good.This is the only one that has yellow in the leaves.

Attachments

• DSCN0500.JPG
    DSCN0500.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0498.JPG
    DSCN0498.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 37
some kind of stress....... reveg?.... if it is reveg...... they should straighten out...... they sure look weird but healthy.....
i've had clones I took from plants already in flower look like that........ they straighten out into some wild bushes

Grower13 said:
some kind of stress....... reveg?.... if it is reveg...... they should straighten out...... they sure look weird but healthy.....
i've had clones I took from plants already in flower look like that........ they straighten out into some wild bushes

I forgot that they were in bud when I planted and then this is reveg.

Thanks

yuup...reveg plant right there...love on her and she will be fine

:48:

That yellowing looks like PH out of ballance, or short on calcium. I would get some dolomite lime and add a good 3 tablespoons to the soil around them, and mix into the soil if possible. If not then just water it into the soil. That will give calcium, magnesium, and raise the PH of the soil, which is probably low. :)

Latest posts

Back