Over 50?......anyone?......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

North Fork Hermit

try'n to stop time.......
Reaction score
So, are there any old stoners here? Tokers from the Woodstock generation? I recently joined this site mostly because of my lifestyle-[grower]-, age-[close'n in on 60]- and being a loner/hermit. I've joined a couple of other sites also, only because its the only place I can go for info/discussion. Just wonder'n how alone I am...seems to be a lot of "youngsters" here...not insulting anyone...but my two sons are in their 30s, so you can understand where I'm come'n from. I'm hope'n there's a few old farts here, who, maybe remember "borrowing" sodium street lights [back in the 70s-when they were sumptin new] and using them for indoor grows. I guess sites like this are the new "underground" pipeline. So where are all the old hippies.......................

Best I can tell you are far from alone on this site. Old hippie here but back in the day just tilled up a quarter acre or so and planted bag seed outdoors.

Let's just put it this way:
I can remember seeing The Beatles live at the Cavern Club.

I remember when Winterland was showing the Almond Brothers Band and the Filmore West closed in SF.

I dont consider myself an old fart, but the husband qualifies.

Welcome to MP,
the site you will come to love,
and hate to leave.

almond brothers?!? no way.. blasphemy!!
sorry TC, i gotta be a music snob, i just can't let that slide. they're one of the best bands ever IMO.
Allman brothers ;)

that's almost as bad as lead zeplin, or leonard skinard.

:D

and welcome to the site north. you wont be alone here, there's many... wiser folks here ;)

North Fork Hermit said:
So, are there any old stoners here? Tokers from the Woodstock generation? I recently joined this site mostly because of my lifestyle-[grower]-, age-[close'n in on 60]- and being a loner/hermit. I've joined a couple of other sites also, only because its the only place I can go for info/discussion. Just wonder'n how alone I am...seems to be a lot of "youngsters" here...not insulting anyone...but my two sons are in their 30s, so you can understand where I'm come'n from. I'm hope'n there's a few old farts here, who, maybe remember "borrowing" sodium street lights [back in the 70s-when they were sumptin new] and using them for indoor grows. I guess sites like this are the new "underground" pipeline. So where are all the old hippies.......................

I am also closing in on 60--not that far off anymore. You will find that there are quite a few of us old hippies that hang around here. :D

WOW,

I have never looked at it that way. I am like a fine cognac that just keeps getting better.
HMMmmm, lets see, yep, healthy lebido, a little arrogant, fair looks, a great outlook on life. Clarity of thought, and Oh-Yeah I still fly rotary and fixed wing.

Dude you are not old, you are seasoning, and as mellow as an old kermunchin might be, you are still a leader of those that are younger, and have not been there and done that ya know ?, and besides others are generally better off when there are a bunch of olders folks around cause we know all the good jokes, we know how to set up a great party and BQ. We have the big cool toys and all.

Leonard Skynard, the epitome of smooth jams

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjAPoN8qs0Q

smoke in peace
my saged friend
KingKahuuna:cool:

barely qualify at 50.... but I lived fast and hard for 20 of those yrs. Takin' the mellow path these days.

:peace:

I'm a lil over half way to 50...
but i know a couple over 50 folk in my town that chief..
one of the reasons I love this site is the wealth of wisdom and common sense.
:48:

Oh, Yeah. Comin' up on 62 myself. What's this "remember" the Allman Bros, and Lynyrd Skynyrd? They're still a daily happenin' around here. I'm proud to report that I actually stood on the corner of Haight and Ashbury in '68. It doesn't really count cuz I was in the military at the time (stationed at Beale AFB), but I was there, Bro. Wearing my military haircut and my shirt tucked in my pants, but I was there.

good company? oh yeah.
king k, yur right on!
regestered for THE DRAFT.
in high school, phx az, a certain bus drove backwards down central ave (yall old enuf know). we all looked. didn't know it would b a part of history.

OHC! 20 yrs of fast and hard?
oh, my!
M,M,M,.

I agree that one of the things that makes this place so great is the nice mix we hve here...we hve everything from the older stoners to the young egg heads...I really enjoy hearing stories of the good ole days just as much as I enjoy hearing of new techniques and studies...although Aplaisia can really make a grow journal quite dry.....:) Just kiddin Bro...

Hamster Lewis said:
I agree that one of the things that makes this place so great is the nice mix we hve here...we hve everything from the older stoners to the young egg heads...I really enjoy hearing stories of the good ole days just as much as I enjoy hearing of new techniques and studies...although Aplaisia can really make a grow journal quite dry.....:) Just kiddin Bro...

HL how true!
the up and comers ta test the limits, and question the accepted norm.

and the multi-generational growers here on MP, that tend the fold.

Yeppers, coming up on 62 this year. I remember the Dead, Moby Grape and so many other bands who offered up great concerts for all the stoners in Golden Gate Park.

I remember when lids (my sig) were $10 an ounce and zig zags were a dime for both the white and yellow papers. I'll be 57 next month.

I had the most amazing conversation the other day with a man in his late 50's, and after i got up from the table we were sitting at, i couldnt help but think of him as a friend, not old or young, just a friend. Im 28.

hats off to anyone with more wisdom than myself, you guys are so fascinating to me, and believe it or not, i cant wait for my mind to settle down as well. Nothing beats experience, we all can agree on that.

Dont take it the wrong way.

I just found out my grandfather was a ww2 vet, and im so fascinated with history. I picked his brain, real live account. Prob one the best times in my life, and i have tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

mojavemama said:
Yeppers, coming up on 62 this year. I remember the Dead, Moby Grape and so many other bands who offered up great concerts for all the stoners in Golden Gate Park.

whoooaahh, MOJO MMAMMA.
no regrets, please! :hubba:

3 fingerlid: ya owe somebody a nother finger

JBonez: thanx for recognizin the elders

Latest posts

Back