Overwater OR PH issue causing lockout ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pufnstuf

Reaction score
Haddy Folks!
Figured it was time to chime in..
I've had lots of questions, most of which I've found the answers to from reading the info here.
However, I think I've overloaded my haze filled mind.

Anyway, I'm just getting started on my first hydro grow,
and I would like some opinions from you guys about my 2 lil sprouts.

I'm not sure if its overwatering, or a PH issue, maybe a combination of both.
The leaves are curling down, any insight is surely appreciated!

GROW DATA - 2 Bagseeds - 21 days from sprout

Germ - cracked in cup, transfered to papertowel, then 1.5" x 1.5" rockwool cubes.
Once root came through bottom of rockwool I placed them in 1/2 Gal (2litre) Hempy buckets.

Media - 60% Perlite, 40% Vermiculite

System- Passive Hydro - run to waste.

Nutes - GH FloraNova @ 1/4 strength
(4 to 8 ounces, one or two times a day, depending on how they look)

Area - 26"H x 22"W x 14"D

Ventilation - 2 PC fans, one intake, one exhaust and a desktop fan to blow it all around.

Lights- 6 x 6500 GE Daytime CFLs

Temps - 83light - 75dark (a ***** to get lower, sometimes unscrew 1 or 2 bulbs)

RH - 30% - (a ***** to get higher, have added bowl or h2o w/ sponge along wiht misting)

PH - distilled water w/ nutes 5.5ish (*Runoff* 6.5 and over - see photo)

Ummm, think that about covers it.. ok, now lets see if I can actually upload the pics HA!
..and again thanks for all the help you have already been.. and for all the help I'll surely need in the future!

PnS :smoke1:

cab-info.jpg

P1-overwater-a.jpg

P1-overwater-b.jpg

PH-1204.jpg

Don't look too bad to me. Could be a bit dry for them with the high heat and low humidity. I reccommend about 75 degrees for day temps and 65 at night. Try to get the humidity up to about 65.

If you don't have access to a humidifier, misting them will help.

Sweet, a Hempy grow. Not sure what, if anythings wrong with the plants but I'd love to follow a Hempy grow on here. Does that middle shelf come out?

Hey dudes! whats up..
Thanks for stop'n by and taking a minute to offer some assistance.

Runbyhemp:
Yes, the dry heat is a problem for sure.. I am applying a couple of the techniques found here at MP, the soaking sponge and misting seltzer water a few times a day. It's just not enough though, I'll pick up a small humidifyer tomorrow, that should do it.
As far as the heat, I'm not sure what to do, maybe add another PC fan.
I would like to keep the six 26 watters shining on the lil jewels, but often I have to unscrew one or two of them just to maintain 80 degrees.
I may have to move the cabinet to a cooler place in order to draw in cooler air.
Thanks for the advice dude.

audix2359:
Yeah I was gonna go with a bubbling DWC, then decided an ebb and flow might be better. After more reseach I realizing I needed to keep this one as simple as possible, I decided to go with a Hempy system.. what could be more simple! HA

The middle shelf? Yeah it comes out, with a jigsaw HA!
If the sprouts continue to grow I will either remove the shelf or move the two girls? to a thing I call the General.. and old *** refrigerater I have sitting in my basement.. it will need a little revising first though.

This is my second set of seeds, the first set never made it past the seed leaves.. haha but thats another story.
So if things go well for another few days I'll start a journel here.
Anyway, thanks for stoping by and posting.

:smoke1:

i just use a spray bottle, and spary the plants about 3 times a day.
works fine for me, i have no problems so far.

Growing Hempy style does seem to combine the growing benefits of hydro with the ease of a soil grow. I've not done it but hope to in the future.

As far as the cabinet, I was thinking that if you could get the shelf out you could put a piece of glass of lexan between the lights and plants. Add another hole up top and you'd have yourself an air cooled light chamber.

Or you could put a hole in the shelf and have yourself a ScrOG.

lookin great to me are they growin a little slow for 3 weeks?,,but the look pretty green hope all works out for u and remains well,,,HAPPY GROWIN TOMTOM

audix2359
yeah thats what I'm thinkin.. hoping to get the faster bigger yield of hydro.. with the ease of a soil grow.. we'll see.
Good ideas.. I think the cabinet would make for a fine scrog grow.
If I go ahead and retro the 'General' I'll most likely use this cab for a couple moms.

tom-tom
yeah tell me about it man.. I was hoping to flip them at 4 weeks.. guess that aint gonna be happin.. I really am clueless as to why they arent growing very well.. they seem pretty healthy, with tight nodes.. so I've avoided the cfl stretch so far.. but heck, they seem to be midget strains! HA

anyway.. thanks dudes.. time will tell

:smoke1:

Latest posts

Back