Ozone Generators...Are they SAFE???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viracocha711

Reaction score
Hello, I am constructing a grow room and I would like to know if ozone generators are safe?:confused: I am thinking:rolleyes: about buying this model http://plantitearth.com/store/product.asp?pid=122&catid=5

I have heard they are good to use in order to help control odor and mold among other unwanted pollutants:( ...I would love to hear from those who know more about using these along with carbon air filters to control odor...ARE THEY SAFE?

...Is there any pre-cautions I should know about if i should decide to use one? Thanks!:)

Viracocha711 said:
Hello, I am constructing a grow room and I would like to know if ozone generators are safe?:confused: I am thinking:rolleyes: about buying this model http://plantitearth.com/store/product.asp?pid=122&catid=5

I have heard they are good to use in order to help control odor and mold among other unwanted pollutants:( ...I would love to hear from those who know more about using these along with carbon air filters to control odor...ARE THEY SAFE?

...Is there any pre-cautions I should know about if i should decide to use one? Thanks!:)

These are very effective at controlling odor and as long as you aren't running the unit for 5000 feet in a 50 foot area they are perfectly safe. If you start to see a hazy look to the air then you need to let it run less.

Ideally you should run them with your carbon filter outside of the grow room.

If I was thinking of using the C.A.P. OZN-1 Commercial Ozone Generator 1000 mg/hr in a 30 cubic foot box would that be a bad thing? Should I be looking for something more around 200mg/hr. Sorry if this is a stupidly obvious question, but I don't know anything about these things yet.

ozonegenerator.jpg

I'm not sure about that type of generator but I do know that it is pointless to add co2 of any type if your exausting. I believe you should not run the two together. BTW, my filter is a carbon cylinder w/ inline fan designed for a room 3x as big as my little space. The upside: you would never tell there was even a bong in my home!! downside: if I didnt bring in fresh air, the filter creates a suction and pulls all the mylar off the walls....lol. I dont play with co2 so that part is just what I was told. That ozone generator is a co2 producer right??...or am I wrong?

well..more so it eliminates the odor and reduces the risk of mold and other pathogens in the air. It breaks those down into co2 and oxygen as a by product. I'm mainly looking at using one for the odor control as opposed to using a carbon filter. I don't really care so much about the co2 part, but I guess that's just an added bonus.

I was normally just going to build a carbon filter and rig a fan to it like what you did. A friend of mine who grew large crops recommended ozone generators so I'm just looking into them. More options are always nice.

ooo...ok just talked to my buddy. What I was thinking of getting is EXTREME overkill. I guess you have to be real careful with not overdoing it because these can harm you. He told me for my 30 cubic foot box I would need something that does 2-5mg/hr. That one I was looking at does 1000...So good thing to know. Be careful about choosing the right one for your set up. Hope this helps you.

Yes, saftey is my first concern with every step I take building my grow room...I want it to be SAFE, ODOR FREE, and POPPIN BIG *** BUDS!!!

I think an ozone generator actually compliments the carbon filter, or allows the carbon filter to do a better job while extending the life of the carbon...However, I am not 100% sure about this?

Does anyone else know whether they are best used with carbon filters?

Witch is the best ozone or carbon filters i can only afford one just bought a new house.

my wife bought this air puerfyer sits on top of the fridge.we dont notice it as we are use to it.when we go out and come home the o zone about knocks you out when we enter home.takes care of all odors,mold,and makes home smell brand new.at first the smell was kinda hard to get use to,but now fine.:D

I have one of those air purifiers and it does help a great deal with the smell. What's the difference between an air purifier and an ozone generator ?

Thanks runbyhemp

wow to technical this time o nite,tooo stoned,purifier collects the smell particles,ozone sort of attaches itself to the smell,ezy way of discribing it,have the ozone inline b4 the exhaust fan works beta.

Latest posts

Back