Panic attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THC_408

Reaction score
I've been smoking for a little over a year and a two months ago i had a Panic attack and im scared of smoking againg. IF i smoke would it comeback.. Thanks

don't now if it would come back you would have to smoke again and found out if it would come back that is the only way to found out

Describe the panic attack, where you were, what you were doing, if you were alone etc etc.

HippyInEngland said:
Describe the panic attack, where you were, what you were doing, if you were alone etc etc.

I Was alone in my room smoking a blunt of some weed from the Cannabis club with Kief. 10 minutes after i smoked, my heart started beating fast and i was trembling.I thought i was going to Die like having a heart attack
and i felt better walking than just sitting there . i could heart my heart beating, I couldnt sleep all night and ended up sleeping like at 4:00 am.

the next my heart kept beating fast so i went to ER and they put I.V and some other Stuff to calm it down.

i just miss smoking it been hard not smoking for over month , and thats ciggarettes to.

THC_408 said:
the next ??? my heart kept beating fast so i went to ER and they put I.V and some other Stuff to calm it down.

Did you mean the next day? If you did, weed didn't do this, you may have had something laced. What did the doctor think was going on?

THCPezDispenser said:
Did you mean the next day? If you did, weed didn't do this, you may have had something laced. What did the doctor think was going on?

yea sorry about that. they took a urine sample and the only thing they found was THC. And the Bud i get is directly from the club so i was sure i wasnt laced

so you pick out your strains ? Idk I held a hit in and pertty much passed out. My legs whent wobbly my mind felt like I was on shroms for about a min then I snapped back in. Was scary but nothing is scary enough to stop this habbit.

Hey there THC_408,
As with all things in life a key word here is moderation. Try smoking only a single puff, if that seems to do ok for ya then try some more, but go easy at it, and do it with the idea of some good jams, and always have some food in ya at the time. I have had friends that got real wound with what they were on, so I always brought them down in a controlled fashion such as a couple of pieces of a juicy orange, Sometimes some cold water would do it, but mostly I always used fruit and good juices to put some food into them, people never would think to check their blood sugar. Since I am diabetic I learned that food can work for ya or against ya. A good smoking session should always have some nibbleys around, and refreshing drinks period. You guys should plan out your fun, it will make the buzz so much more enjoyable.:bong1:
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

headband said:
so you pick out your strains ? Idk I held a hit in and pertty much passed out. My legs whent wobbly my mind felt like I was on shroms for about a min then I snapped back in. Was scary but nothing is scary enough to stop this habbit.

most of the time i do. my friend is a patient and has a card and you can pick anything up .

My oldest son used to smoke, he had a major panic attack when he was 17. He wasn't by himself, but was just as you stated. He is now 24 and still to this day cannot be around it because it causes him to have panic attacks. He doesn't know if it was the smoke or not, but the places, people and things around him plays a part in it. It got so bad that he got insomnia, started feeling like he wasn't himself. He felt like he wasn't real and nothing around him was real. I have smoked since a young child, now 43. I have not experienced the situation but have alot of on hands with him. If you do smoke again, make sure you are with friends and just smoke a little. You may experince the same thing again, just don't be afraid. The panic attacks can not kill you nor hurt you. Try some lavendar, it is a calming agent. Breathe slowly, walk outside into fresh air and think of very happy places and fun things. The panic attack will pass. If it persists PLEASE seek Dr. help to get your self back on track. Hope this helps you. We do natural and aroma therapy with my son. He also has to take medication now . Be safe.

I don't think you should have to quit smoking because you had a panic attack. I smoke all the time and my girlfriend will take a few hits with me when it is a holiday or something like that. One year she got carried away and smoked a little too much and ended up having a panic attack. It was everything you described, heart beating too fast, sweating, thinking your going to die. It took a few hours to calm her down but it just took time and me holding her hand talking her through it. She was also very scared to ever smoke again. Well the next time she smoked she just took 1 hit and waited for its effects to fully kick in. Turns out that was all she needed. She said, "wow I am so relaxed, this feels wonderful, that was the perfect amount." Because she only smokes every now and then she has no tolerance built up. So one hit is really all she needs to achieve what takes me a joint because my tolerance is so built up. So my advice is to just take a single hit and just wait at least 20 minutes for those effects to fully take hold before trying to take another hit. I hope it all works out for you. Just think, with that one hit you could erase your mind of the fear of having a panic attack and feel great at the same time.:)

My gf had the same thing happen to her.
She had been smoking for a little over 2 years.A few months ago it was a pretty good size group we were smoking with...at least 5.She was cool until she hit the bong...she hit that and 5 mins later she was freaking out.She said the same thing's you wrote.Her heart was racing, she felt like she was dieing, and she was having trouble getting a good breath (Shortness of breath).

She's smoked 3 time's since then and it's been 4 months.The 3 times she has smoked she's been fine but she doesn't want to go through that again so she take's it nice and slow.

[BTW]No one else experienced that.

have panic attacks when i get a bad cut sometimes. I have gotten a panic attack when i smoked to much MJ once or twice but its not from the mj its all in your head you make the panic attack worse by worrying and thinkin its gonna get worse.

LOL so i just took a fat rip out of my vape and went to the kitchen. But i only made it to the hallway it was really dark and i got a head rush and fell straight on my @SS AND PROCEEDED TO TRY TO GET UP not knowing what was going on or if i was hurt it was the weirdest thing ever and it happend like 2 minutes ago. lol

You say the cannabis wasn't laced with anything ~ I would suggest that it was laced by you yourself, with kief !!! High-potency marijuana, probably a 2-3 toker, with concentrated frosty triches sprinkled on top, jeez man, you must have seen the Mothership on that one! Lucky those alien nurses didn't give you the "probe"!!! Or did they....?
Smoke just bowlful with a couple of friends, no kief, get used to that level before you go blasting off like that again....."My God....it's full of stars...."
and similarly be very cautious if you ever get into journeying with hallucinogens, less is more, don't want to damage the hinges -

had that few years ago. it passed rather quickly.group of us were smoking outside on hot summer night.a lot. at some point i thought that's it, i'm done..had all the symptoms mentioned above. i knew that was from smoking,so i sit down on a bench and waited to pass. didn't say anything, we were all too stoned,but they noticed i'm out of colour. i said i was fine,so the fun continued, but it wasn't nice experience. just wanted to share that with u :)

Latest posts

Back