Parts Of Bud Turnin Brown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckboi_88

Reaction score
Wat Causes A Part Of Tha Bud To Turn Brown Even Though Its Still In Its Buddin Stage?

yep umbras right probably bud rot

thats a big 10-4 on the budrot/mold....Harvest now and cut your losses or try to treat it.You can get some mold spray from the nursery,cut out the effected parts and treat.But if your buds are big enough, just harvest :( sorry to hear,mold stinx my man.It goes from the inside out,so you may have other effected areas not exposed yet :( Some strains are more resistant to mold then others.Next season look into an early finishing strain or a more mold resistant one :D
Stay cool

bud rot sux. :(
i go out every morning and then when i get home form work and check for it.
i just cut out the affected parts. if it reached the stem, i'll take from there off.
gives me a lil something while i wait to harvest.

buckboi_88 said:
Wat Causes A Part Of Tha Bud To Turn Brown Even Though Its Still In Its Buddin Stage?
look for light green worms i think they are called grubs kill them they will eat the center stem around the top of the top of the bud look real good cause they look like the plant

buckboi_88 said:

Sorry to hear about the rot. In my book it's a very close 2nd to Spider Mites as far as plant maladies from Hades goes... The bud rot or botrytis is a mold that gets it's start from moisture within the buds. Outdoors bud rot is almost impossible to prevent if you're growing a strain with dense buds and/or the right conditions are present for the spores to get their start... ie plenty of rain... dew on the plants etc... And once started it can spread throughout your plants within a few days and turn your buds to brown mush. Like Flying sez some strains are more susceptible to bud rot than others and you can shop for mold resistant strains and/or shorter finishing strains to help prevent this in future grows. Indoors, despite using a/c, very strong constant air movement from several fans, and no foliar feeding during flowering I have to battle bud rot from late May until mid Sept with the high humidity here in the south. All it seems to take is the slightest amount of condensation on the plants for the most dense, biggest buds to get bud rot started. I've gone to growing more 8 week strains in the summer so that I chop them before any rot can occur. And I don't tend to lollipop or do single cola plants because the denser colas are where the bud rot seems to be the biggest issue. I've found that it's usually when I'm waiting for the trichs to turn amber in the 11th hour that I've found some rot and have to pull the plug to cut my losses right then and there... I'd much rather have a big harvest of buds with cloudy trichs and a few amber than a smaller harvest with 40% amber trichs... And keep your eyes open... I've also seen more than one girl go hermie after getting bud rot... The dreaded DOUBLE WHAMMY! In the past I've on rare occasions noticed dreaded 'nanners' on a plant and when I get in for close inspecition I'll notice the bud rot so I think the stress from the botrytis on a plant can trigger a hermie reaction...

Good Luck!:cool:

It could also be heat damage to the bud, nutrient burn on the buds, water deprivation can cause it, pests can cause it.

If you posted a photo of your entire plant and a close-up of a bud that shows the problem, it would help us not have to guess what it looks like.

Without photos, I can tell you absolutely that it's either heat damage, nutrient burn, lack of water, lack of nutrients, bud rot or pests or a combination of more than one of them.

daddyo said:
bud rot sux. :(
i go out every morning and then when i get home form work and check for it.
i just cut out the affected parts. if it reached the stem, i'll take from there off.
gives me a lil something while i wait to harvest.

Are you smoking the bud rot?

nooooooooooooooooooo....
but when i cut out the bad, some good goes with it.
like a cancer, you remove ALL of it.
if you can.

It could also be heat damage to the bud, nutrient burn on the buds, water deprivation can cause it,

agree stoney. He can post pics or go into the 'sick" plant section as well. I live in a real dry climate. Depending on where he lives could probly eliminate the mold but i know nutrient burn will cause this, or it was too much heat, little vetilation at least in my case.

I have seen a very tiny bud rot spot on my sour diesel outdoor plant on the main top of the cola this was a couple weeks ago should I just chop it soon???

I have also found 2 worms in the main cola one was brown and skinny another was kinda fat and green.

I have seen silk worms eat inside of bud's stem...buds turn brown and fall off.

I sucks a fattie.

Johnnyrotten123 said:
agree stoney. He can post pics or go into the 'sick" plant section as well. I live in a real dry climate. Depending on where he lives could probly eliminate the mold but i know nutrient burn will cause this, or it was too much heat, little vetilation at least in my case.
i am goin to post the pik in a lil bit

buckboi_88 said:
the only thng i hav is a bunch of ants and i am goin to post the pik in a lil bit

Well, I'm hoping it's an outside plant, at this point.

Well, the one line posts aren't really getting anywhere.

Let's try this. Answer the ones that pertain to your plants in blue print, right under the quesstion.

This will help us help you.

Help Us Help You, Pre Set Questions.
Cut the relevant section out of this post and paste it into your problem post, it will help us help you. :)

Pictures are always essential :aok:

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?

What STRAIN are you growing?

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)

What is the age of your plants?

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?

How Tall are the plants?

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)

What Nutrient's are you using?

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

How often are you feeding?

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?

How often are you watering?

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)

Is the soil constantly wet or moist?

Is your water HARD or SOFT?

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?

Are you using water from a water softener?

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?

Are plant's infected with pest's?

StoneyBud said:
Well, the one line posts aren't really getting anywhere.

Let's try this. Answer the ones that pertain to your plants in blue print, right under the quesstion.

This will help us help you.

Help Us Help You, Pre Set Questions.
Cut the relevant section out of this post and paste it into your problem post, it will help us help you. :)

Pictures are always essential :aok:

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?

What STRAIN are you growing?

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)

What is the age of your plants?

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?

How Tall are the plants?

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)

What Nutrient's are you using?

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

How often are you feeding?

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?

How often are you watering?

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)

Is the soil constantly wet or moist?

Is your water HARD or SOFT?

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?

Are you using water from a water softener?

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?

Are plant's infected with pest's?
ive had the problem for about a couple dayz

itz a seed not a clone

tha plant itz about 8 ft

no pot its growin out of the ground

itz been rainin alot becuz of tha tropical storms and i water it everyday n feed it every other day with plant food

the day temp is about 88-90 degrees everyday not sure about nites

the soil is sumtimes damp and i feed her tap water

i dont prune but i did take a couple branches off to clone

the pest i see in many ants othe the stem.......... the tree fell dwn at 1 point and roots were broken becuz a tropical storm was here but i tied it up but i started seein tha problem a week after it had fell

Latest posts

Back