PayPal photo identification.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redrooster

Reaction score
Has anyone else been told to provide photo identification by PayPal? I read the PayPal policy for this, It's to stop money laundering and Terrorism FFS? I don't have a passport anymore or a driver's license so I sent a Proof of Age card which was rejected because it was out of date. To get another card will cost me $50 but there is no way to talk to a human at PayPal about this? Then I get another email that I can't reply to saying send Photo or your account will be closed! Anyone else had this happen?

Same here. I use Paypal because they deal with the ppl you buy stuff from. Easy to get my money back if something is wrong.

I just logged into my Paypal account. They did not ask for photo id. Sounds like a scam to me.
di
No your just older then dirt.Mean Old goat.😁
his new avatar haha
1619448577500.png

If you had read what I linked , it is only in certain cases Paypal requires it.

If you had read what I linked, it is only in certain cases Paypal requires it.
I had previously used that link, it's a PayPal community forum, I found some other guys with much the same problem there. I described my problem but haven't heard anything back from PayPal? It must be because I haven't put up any photos of myself anywhere on the net! The Proof of age card I sent them was about 20 years old, that's why they wanted a recent one for facial recognition I would say? Well, they can go and get fu, fu, further down the back of the bus. I just won't use PayPal anymore.

I must be old fashioned.....I still accept and use cash. So far I don't ask or have to provide ID.
Those days will becoming to a close if powers that be have their way! The "system" does not like cash.

More and more places are taking digital money. Smart on their part, I keep mine for investment purposes.

Bubba

Those days will becoming to a close if powers that be have their way! The "system" does not like cash.

More and more places are taking digital money. Smart on their part, I keep mine for investment purposes.

Bubba
Yup, I don't like $100 bills. Nobody likes to take them. I hear that if use $100's they think you are a drug dealer.....so I tell everybody I am. That breaks the ice and they take them then, especially if you tip well. I do!!

The guy at Sam's club cracks me up. He always tries to get me to sign up for their credit card for a discount.

I show him the was of cards I already have and inform him I am old, I have money, and I want to spend every cent before I die. So, do you have a card that makes it Cost more?

Bubba

My amazon card pays me 5% on every purchase
End of yr nice savings

I had previously used that link, it's a PayPal community forum, I found some other guys with much the same problem there. I described my problem but haven't heard anything back from PayPal? It must be because I haven't put up any photos of myself anywhere on the net! The Proof of age card I sent them was about 20 years old, that's why they wanted a recent one for facial recognition I would say? Well, they can go and get fu, fu, further down the back of the bus. I just won't use PayPal anymore.
It's unfortunate that they have to do this I agree, but it protects the buyers if they have any problems and have to get their money back.
Paypal makes sure the seller is who they say and vice versa for the buyer (in case of non payment no funds in account) . I recently had someone rip me off for over $200 on ebay and the seller had fake info. I took me 2 months and running around and still they denied my claim, I had to fight it using my credit company and still have not found out final dispo.
So I see why some accounts get checked.

I only have one credit card now days and it is paid off every month....they charge huge interest rates. I rarely use it. Mrs Pute does though.

We got this card when we first got married almost 50 years ago.

I only have one credit card now days and it is paid off every month....they charge huge interest rates. I rarely use it. Mrs Pute does though.
Never missed at payment
Have to watch them , I caught them trying a few times a yr to say my payments were late and charge interest , I paid via computer on a schedule payment system and had all the records to dispute the interest charges.
But they do this at least once a year so you have to stay on top of it.
Most people get charged and don't waste their time making a ph call to dispute the fees.
50 bucks is 50 bucks

Latest posts

Back