FACEBOOK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mean4green

Reaction score
To anyone that has a Facebook account.

Did facebook ask you to let them take a pic (via your device camera) of your photo ID card (passport or State-issued drivers license)?

If so - did you?

I have a new account and cannot understand why they want this info.
I attempted to place ad on Marketplace and I could not complete greyed out fields.
Do they want my ID because of Marketplace access
or
to log-in to the site?

Any input would be appreciated.

Ive been banned for 30days for the 3rd time. Im out of FB jail in 2 more days. I wont last long when i gets back,,that i can promise. 😁
The fker that owns FB looks like a Gaw Damnn ALIEN👽 OR his dad was fking his sister or something. Ugly weird looking bastard.

I would never ever agree to that, one more way to come after you . Say if one night after a few brews one says something stupid and FBI comes a knocking
And now they have who you are and a picture of the victim (you) they are gonna kick azz next.

Time to start talking Monopolies and why certain governments allow them. Hmmmm......................... I truely thought only the RED Countries censored it's people
The almighty Dollar? Could be Rabbit. Just my Veedom of Speech.
If too much please delete

Setting up and accessing a Facebook account doesn't require identity verification, but using Marketplace does because of the fraud potential. ID verification proves you are who you say you are, so that you can't setup an account under the name of Lebron James if that isn't who you are, and if someone sent you $10K in advance for a used car and you didn't deliver, there is an actual person who the buyer can chase down in court.

Put yourself in the buyer's shoes: say you bought a Rolex and received a Chinese counterfeit, and when you contacted FB for the seller's information, FB told you the buyer was registered as Don Juan from 123 Up Yours Street...you would probably ask FB why the f*** did they let someone sell items on their platform with such obviously ** identity information.

I'm not suggesting you should or shouldn't be comfortable with FB asking for your ID....

Setting up and accessing a Facebook account doesn't require identity verification, but using Marketplace does because of the fraud potential.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.
I assumed that may be the reason - if Facebook stated that ID submission was required for Marketplace access, I never would have signed up for that.
A few days ago I created a facebook account – something I avoided for a long time.
I don’t do the nitwit social media sites – facebook, twitter, snapchat, the one run by the chinks that most of the US population is pouring data into.

Sites like this is the closest I get to social media.

The only reason I signed up to FB was to expand exposure for stuff I have to sell.
I use Craigslist, Papershop - Lots of wanna be scammers to filter out since they don’t like my CASH terms.

So – I signed up for Facebook using my alter-ego alias “Dave Tho******n” – there’s a story behind that.

I signed up for access to Marketplace, and other FB accessed member run buy, sell, trade groups.
I could not create ads because I was not confirmed user. I googled problem and I read brand new users cannot advertise until they are members for few days. That made no sense to me.

This morning I logged into Facebook to see if I can place ads – and I saw this
SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT
You started securing your account on*Monday, January 11, 2021 at 5:07 AM.
To finish securing your account, please verify your identity and change your password.*Your account will remain hidden until you complete this process.
What they wanted me to do was let them take a pic of my state issued drivers license.
They claim it will not be shared and they will delete after 30 days after my info is “confirmed”

Now, I know Facebook is a private entity, and it’s their way or the highway.

But if they think I am going to upload my drivers license they are nuckin futs.

Heck, take a pic ?– I’m not removing the piece of black electrical tape covering the camera lens!!!

The only time I enter my true identity and particulars is when dealing with a Fed govt agency for taxes and state for drivers license, vehicle registration or insurance companies. I pay most bills via my bank e-pay so household vendors get ETF from bank with only my customer account# .

Ordering stuff online – I make account using Dave alias and bogus gmail accounts.
I provide vendor with real name & delivery address at checkout.

My ISP knows who I am.
I never use the email provided by my ISP.
I use Gmail & an old Hotmail account.

OneDrive – a component of Windows 10 – I deleted the program from my hard drive – I do not want my files in the Cloud.

GoogleDrive – I will not upload my files to their server.

I have an external hard drive to backup my computer.

Unlike millions of people – I do not want my real identity/name displayed on the interwebs – that is why I use the Dave alias - & bogus gmail accounts when dealing with online vendors. I have no desire to achieve my 15 seconds of Fame by being an internet nitwit.

So, bye bye Facebook. The shortest relationship I ever had to endure.

I mean look at this mother fker.

983780225275187200-png__700.jpg

Problem is people are so darn stupid and they won't realize until it's too late to get their information back
Like when a young lady posts her nude body and 2 yrs later can not imagine why she can not get that teachers job etc...... or a like.
As for me I post what ever they want to see LOL
Most will burn their eyes out with acid afterwards LOL

Has anybody read Animal Farm or 1984 by George Orwell? I have and it has happened. Gonna get a lot worse I am afraid. I am still thinking about moving to a place where you go back in time 50 years......got the spot picked out but damm I'm to old to do that.

Latest posts

Back