PC Stealth Grow System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htmagic

Not so junior member
Reaction score
I am a newbie grower but have read a few books, looked at these threads, and have a few ideas that I would like to know if anyone has any experience with.

Has anyone have any experience with a PC stealth grow system? I would like to grow 2-3 plants. They do not have to be big and will be for my use. Would it be any better using a Sea of Green/Screen of Green (SOG/ScOG) growing method? Would it keep my plants smaller than just forcing them to flower when they are a foot high? I was going to try to germinate some seeds I have and see what happens. They are just a mix.

I was going to try a hydroponic system but have a question: do the plants need oxygen at the roots or would carbon dioxide help them grow faster. I was going to use some cheap carbonated soda to supply a little sugar and CO2 to the plants. Would Coke work better than Sprite? ;):p

Thanks for your help and this board...:fly:

htmagic said:
I am a newbie grower but have read a few books, looked at these threads, and have a few ideas that I would like to know if anyone has any experience with.

Has anyone have any experience with a PC stealth grow system? I would like to grow 2-3 plants. They do not have to be big and will be for my use. Would it be any better using a Sea of Green/Screen of Green (SOG/ScOG) growing method? Would it keep my plants smaller than just forcing them to flower when they are a foot high? I was going to try to germinate some seeds I have and see what happens. They are just a mix.

I was going to try a hydroponic system but have a question: do the plants need oxygen at the roots or would carbon dioxide help them grow faster. I was going to use some cheap carbonated soda to supply a little sugar and CO2 to the plants. Would Coke work better than Sprite? ;):p

Thanks for your help and this board...:fly:
Do you mean using a PC cabinet to grow in? If so, it's way too small.

Sugar will not do anything for your plant. They don't use sugar like humans do. Plant nutrients are what you need to give them.

CO2 will increase your plant growth if applied properly and in the right amounts. I don't use it, but there are others here that do. I'll let them tell you the best way to set up a CO2 system for your grow.

If you put your plants into flower at one foot, the plant will be at least two feet tall at harvest. Also, each plant needs a minimum of one square foot of area to grow in. 3 plants, you need a minimum of three square feet of area.

Yes, in hydro, the roots get oxygen. They do so in dirt also. CO2 is better absorbed thru the leaves.

Thanks for the reply. :)

So a tall tower case wouldn't work? I've seen them almost 2 feet tall. Can you force flowering after the plants are maybe 18 inches or so? Would a screen or something like that limit their height (ScOG)? I have a big tower computer in my office and another one next to it would raise no suspicion. In fact, I could say it is my server and runs all the time. I've been to computer shows and seen them tricked out with lights. The side opening case would be easy to access under my desk and would keep the office warmer in the winter. We could use the free heat above the garage.Besides, they fly helicopters around here with IR and 400W under my desk would look like another computer supply.

Thanks for the tips on the nutrients. I read somewhere that adding a weak sugar solution (Sweet) helped the plants and improved taste. I saw the cheap CO2 generator. I may try that. Do I only use it during vegetative or does it work for flowering too? Thanks again! :D

htmagic said:
Thanks for the reply. :)

So a tall tower case wouldn't work? I've seen them almost 2 feet tall. Can you force flowering after the plants are maybe 18 inches or so? Would a screen or something like that limit their height (ScOG)? I have a big tower computer in my office and another one next to it would raise no suspicion. In fact, I could say it is my server and runs all the time. I've been to computer shows and seen them tricked out with lights. The side opening case would be easy to access under my desk and would keep the office warmer in the winter. We could use the free heat above the garage.Besides, they fly helicopters around here with IR and 400W under my desk would look like another computer supply.

Thanks for the tips on the nutrients. I read somewhere that adding a weak sugar solution (Sweet) helped the plants and improved taste. I saw the cheap CO2 generator. I may try that. Do I only use it during vegetative or does it work for flowering too? Thanks again! :D
CO2 will work for both vegging and flowering.

Remember, you'll need a container to grow in, a light over the plant, a space between the light and the plant. No way are you going to fit a grow into a PC cabinet without a crazy amount of work on the plant. You'd harvest about a joint from it after 3 months of work. Not worth it.

The plants have lots of odor. Anyone in the office with you would smell the weed anyway.

It's best to grow marijuana on it's terms, not yours. You can modify the growth some, but having the proper space to grow is one of the first things that is necessary.

Good luck man.

I had the same idea as you>to grow in a tower.Maybe you could try a short growing strain like Lowrider or some indica or skunk.You can flower the plants once they reach sexual maturity>the appearance of alternating nodes. I actually had the same excuse as you>to say it's a server!lol Maybe you can try a really tall case and see.The case I was going to use was about 2ft high too, but remember ur going to lose height to pots/medium,etc. I was also going to house the balast etc. all in the case and with the assistance of the PC fans, they should keep everything cool enough.As Stoney said, i dunno if the PC idea would work though but it seems so perfect for growing in terms of controls etc.

This grow guide will help you alot>http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5837

Sugar stuff>http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5149

There was once a guy who owned a shoe store. He says to me, he says, Hey Stoney, I've got a zillion shoe boxes here in my store and I want to grow some weed man! How about I use a shoe box for my grow! I could wad some old socks in that puppy and make it smell like dirty feet! No one would know I had weed growing in the shoe box!!!

So I told him about the guy I knew once that had a thimble factory...

Practicality really gets in the way sometimes!

say htmagic,

If you want I can pm you some links to pc tower stealth grows... some finished GJ's as well as active one ;)

I sub to all the pc grows I can as i think there :cool:

think E-man is about to fire up shoe box size grow as well :D

check out his GJ for pics of the 42 watt setup :eek:

grow on

HGB said:
E-man is about to fire up shoe box size grow as well :D
Sure it can be done. What I'm saying is I'm not going to waste the time it would take to grow that amount of weed. I don't think anyone trying to grow a personal stash would want to waste their time either.:D

If someone were in a prison in a third world country and had to grow in a PC sized space, then I guess I would do it just to piss off the prison guards. Hahahahahahahaa:p

Warden! I need more power!;)

HGB, you're killin me.:rolleyes:

I'd like to know more about PC grows. Yeah, I know it'd be small and the yields probably low but I think I could build one cheaper than the $600 I've seen them go for on the Internet. As for the smell, I could fire up my onoznator and maybe use the O2 on the roots.

Stoney Bud said:
Sure it can be done. What I'm saying is I'm not going to waste the time it would take to grow that amount of weed. I don't think anyone trying to grow a personal stash would want to waste their time either.:D

say bro.

dont forget that some peeps might not have more room than this and any bud they can grow is WAY better than anything that can be bought on the streat ;)

also some peeps dont need more than a few hits a weak and this will work great for them and keep them with plenty of stash ;) and free weed :D

one thing i have found from being a long time grower is there is no wrong way to grow this fine herb really and I think everyone should grow any way they can to stay off the streets

just my 2 cents bro :48:

grow on

Stoney Bud said:

If someone were in a prison in a third world country and had to grow in a PC sized space, then I guess I would do it just to piss off the prison guards. Hahahahahahahaa:p

Warden! I need more power!;)

LOL Stoney.:) Yeah, I am doing a micro grow just cause I'm not so good with rules and stuff. Obviously only for some poor folk or space challenged or stubborn folks like me just curious to see if it can be done. It is a little known style of growing and I would love to see someone do a well thought out pc grow on this forum. Tons of info on the net to get you started. Any free smoke is better than buying it...LOL.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to watch this one.

HGB, would you help this grower by documenting a PC grow in this thread?

I would love a chance to learn from your technique.

I find the entire concept very interesting.

Stoney Bud said:

I wanna see you do it Stoney:) heehee.:ccc: I know you can, it's the same as your mothers in the small pots...only smaller...bottom feeding.;)

TBG hinted he may be putting some solo cups to use.:D

Lets break a few 'rules' just for fun whattaya say?:rolleyes: :cool:

Borrowed this pic from HGB's grow journal cause it gives me the giggles.:p
Dunno how much weed is there but you can bet I'd smoke it.:aok:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12623&d=1163978299

Pretty much shows 'rootbound' is all in one's head.

Stoney Bud said:

dont have a spare pc case here but look HERE ];)

i do have a couple of cfl's and pc fans tho :D and a shoe box :p

peace bro :)

edit: just found some jiffy 7's lol.... and a boot box that I think I will line with tin foil

ready to grow some herb E-MAN

HGB said:
dont have a spare pc case here but look HERE ];)

i do have a couple of cfl's and pc fans tho :D and a shoe box :p

peace bro :)

edit: just found some jiffy 7's lol.... and a boot box that I think I will line with tin foil

ready to grow some herb E-MAN
No, I meant would you talk htmagic all the way through building his PC grow and growing an entire crop in it?

I really want to watch you do this. It would be a learning experience for me.

htmagic, you've found your guide!

Hey, htmagic, how about if you start a journal called "htmagic's PC Stealth Grow", and the entire group can watch HGB walk you through the grow to harvest?

Outstanding idea!

HGB said:
dont have a spare pc case here but look HERE ]
Yikes! That link won't work unless I join that other group. Maybe you could document it here on this one!

I copied the first page here. There are 17 pages of him going through his grow. It's pretty interesting. He gets a nice big bud out of it. Beats street prices while learning and getting some free bud...

He uses soil, but I would like to try hydroponics. I've also seen one where an ultrasonic fogger is used. Where do you get the coated ultrasonic disc so the nutrients don't crystalize on it? Is this a more efficient growing method? Anybody know where I can get a tall tower case with side fans?
######################################################################
Hello everyone and welcome to my grow journal!

This is going to be my second grow using this PC Tower. My first grow was aborted due to the plant dieing. So I set forth on preparing my box for my second grow! Hoping to finish this plant and enjoy some home grown weed!

Specs:

- ATX Mid Tower ( I know.. would be nice if it was a big server tower)
- 65 Watt Fluorescent Flood Light w/ reflector = 500w, 6825 Lumens at 6500k.
- 1 Exhaust 80mm Fan
- 2 Intake 80mm Fans. 1 Blowing thru my light and into the exhaust. 1 Down below.
- Scotts Potting Soil 0-0.1-0
- Going to be picking up Fox Farm Grow Big (6-4-4) and Fox Farm Big Bloom (.01-.3-.7) in a week or so. Money is kinda short now
- Temps ranging from 85-90 Its a desert in there! 30% Humidity
- 18/6 Lighting Times

Heres some photos to start you all off. Nothing fancy, or special... or exciting.. nothing really hahah

8/26
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3861/dscn0844py8.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2124/dscn0846mw4.jpg

Stay tuned. I think I'm going to be updating every 2 days. Maybe once a week. I dunno hah.

Stoney Bud said:
No, I meant would you talk htmagic all the way through building his PC grow and growing an entire crop in it?

hey stoney,

pretty sure after he read's that link and links in that growers sig he wont need much help ;)

I have no probly with help'n htmagic :D

here's an idea.... E-man has called me out to play :chuck:
so was think'n how about get'n him in on this and we can do a group grow and see what happens :cool:

would be kinda cool to see 3 micro grows going in one thread....

E-man and htmagic are you up to it?

I will need a few days to get mine setup in the boot box as I'm in the middle of harvest here

opencountry... I'm gonna go for under 10 bucks on this grow

lets get it on guys and grow some herbage :p

Latest posts

Back