perpetual schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well think of it this way a person wants to have 12 plants every 2 weeks to harvest so litterally your sticking 12 plants every 2 weeks into your flower room average flowering time lets say 8 weeks so putting 12 plants every 2 weeks works out to having 48 plants in flowering room 8 weeks later your chopping your first 12 plants 2 weeks after that the next 12 more and so on ....
In the mean time your chasing by still throwing 12 plants every 2 weeks into flowering your going to need lots in veg as well lots of cuttings now to make it worth your while your going to want to have some decent vegged plants so this is where your initial veg room gets full growing some decent sized plants to make it worth it as well most strains rooting takes 18 - 22 days to root this is where your going to need lots of cloneing in order to maintain this cycle constant as well a decent sized plant of average 10 oz dry per or why bother really to chop 12 plants @ 1/2 - 2 oz dry ???? IMO that is wasting power and your time

In your original post on this you were talking about flowering 24 at the most at a time. So you need no more than 24 vegging or in the cloner at one time. Harvesting an 8 week strain every 2 weeks, you take 6 out to harvest, move 6 from vegging into flowering and start say 12 new cuttings to replace the 6 plants that you harvested. Take the best 6 clones from the cuttings.

I don't know anyone here who is growing 10 oz plants indoors. A 4 oz plant is a nice sized plant. However there is no reason that your yield would be any different growing perpetual than with a room where everything was harvested at the same time. I know that I get more than 1/2 to 2 ozs from my plants.

The Hemp Goddess said:
In your original post on this you were talking about flowering 24 at the most at a time. So you need no more than 24 vegging or in the cloner at one time. Harvesting an 8 week strain every 2 weeks, you take 6 out to harvest, move 6 from vegging into flowering and start say 12 new cuttings to replace the 6 plants that you harvested. Take the best 6 clones from the cuttings.

I don't know anyone here who is growing 10 oz plants indoors. A 4 oz plant is a nice sized plant. However there is no reason that your yield would be any different growing perpetual than with a room where everything was harvested at the same time. I know that I get more than 1/2 to 2 ozs from my plants.
you got to realize if you want to harvest 24 plants every 2 weeks you and again its a 8 week strain you need to put plants in every 2 weeks you mention take 6 plants out to harvest then replace them well then its not every 2 weeks right there going to be there for 8 weeks which throws out the 2 week chopping???
Bottom line if you even had 6 plants thrown into flower and want to harvest 6 plants every 2 weeks on a 8 week strain by the time the first 6 are ready your going to have 24 plants in flower room running 2 week chop sure way you are saying is just that having a supply of plants ready to go into Flowering which is also called a perputual grow
but setting up to harvest 6 - 12 - 100 plants every 2 weeks is what i am getting at not just soon as your plants are done throw in more into flower room , i was talking about chopping 12 plants or how many every 2 weeks and keeping it going so every 2 weeks your chopping 12 or how many plants

its really not that hard, your going to have to start a semi small army of vegging plants first, if you dont have some on deck ready to flower then your going to end up running very small plants and yielding less every 2 weeks, build the army first then march them to their final destination... jars lol working with an 8 week strain and on a rotation of 2 weeks, your first have to figure out how large and how many you can fit in your space, reason for how large is to guage how you need to veg them inorder to not have dead space in your flower room to optimize production without cramming the crap outta them, so lets say your space can hold 16 plants total of decent size, that means your harvesting 2 plants and rotating in 2 new plants from veg ever 2 weeks. so starting off your vegging plants untill you have at least 8 (assuming your flower space can hold 16) and clones that are rooted and starting to veg along with taking new clones from the older vegging plants, a constant rotation of clones is necessary but remember they take 2-3 weeks to fully root and start exploding with growth again so youll have to make sure you have enough ready and on deck so you never get to a point where you have no vegging plants and only clones left, so first week after all plants are vegged and ready move 2 into flower, 2 weeks later add another 2, so on and so forth until your at your max of 16 for your flower space, all the while taking clones and rooting a ton of them to keep a constant supply of vegging plants large enough to start flowering, then from there its take 2 down replenish with 2 new ones, your defentaly going to have to concentrate alot on cloning and making sure you can get clones to take every time so you never run out of suitable replacements for the ones you chopped. still i highly suggest building up a healthy army of say 20 plants in veg before you start to rotate in flower, its going to take some time to get things down and maintain a healthy rotation without draining your veg plant / clones supply. when i get down into this more myself im defently going to be pulling my homemade 32 site bubble cloner bucket out and dusting it off, never had enough clones to fill the cloner, never put more then 6 in it but they all rooted after 14-16 days.

how many days out should I start cloning, to know they will be ready to go? Also, to get 2 clones to go into veg how many clones should be cut? Rule of thumb cut 2x the amount you'll need?

well what im doing to get ready for a perp harvest, i already have a Northern Light and a Sleetstack Skunk plant that are not only ready for flowering but are also ready (in another few days) to take more clones, i took 6 clones from each plant about 3 or 4 days ago now. keep in mind that a plant may be able to veg quicking in 2 weeks yet it typicaly takes upwards of 2 sometimes 3 weeks to get clones properly rooted so they can be transplanted and begin their veg phase. id say work on building up your army of vegging plants first and yeah take 2x what yah need in terms of clones, as THG said to me it took a while to build up the nerve to pull and throw out perfectly good rooted clones but i agree its better to have to throw away extra clones that you dont need that are just taking up too much space, rather then not taking enough clones and being short and running your clone/veg supply down too low. iv decided that im going to work with 1 plant on a 2 week rotation to begin with and get the basic feel of the perpetual rotation down pat, after that ill work on increasing the amount i rotate out/in each time.

I am going with a every 3 weeks 2 plants. I'm going to do 2 of the same strain "to make them approx the same length veg / flower" So in rotation if I have my math right. Between day 1-120 days, I will only have 10 plants in rotation. "not counting clones.

just remember you may be able to veg a plant to the size needed in 2 weeks but clones can take up to 3 weeks to root enough to be transplanted into cups/veg containers, so keep that in mind, or your vegitative/clone stock will quickly go away.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that. So veg'ing clones doesn't take as long as from seed? I was planning 2 months in veg room

LOL--I certainly cannot get a plant to any size in 2 weeks from seed. Also when going from seed they are not going to be sexually mature and regardless of whether you put them into 12/12 they will not flower until they are ready--but they will S T R E T C H.

I like to start clones before I put the plants in flower that they came from in case I have problems and need to cut some new clones. The getting started is the hardest part.

Once a plant reaches maturity, any cuttings that are taken from that plant are also mature and are the same age as the parent plant. So technically you could take clones that have just rooted and put them straight into flower. But most people will set them in veg, after the 2-3weeks rooting period, and then let them veg until they are at the right size or until the next flowering space comes available. During the rooting period, the plants grow very little if any. That is one way you can tell when the roots have sufficiently developed, when the plant begins to take off with veg growth.

If plants get too big in veg and there still isn't flowering space available, then don't be afraid to cut them back like you would any shrub in the yard. I have cut some clean down to the point that there were just a few leaves and a branchy stump, and within a few weeks they were bushes again. :)

thanks for the info Hush. I have always grown from seed. I have never dealt with clones before. Once the clone takes root and is ready to be put into soil and veg, how long "ballpark" to get it ready to go to flower?

Clones are an awesome way to grow,,especially if ya find a Pheno that you really like. I have made Clones from clones many times over with no problems. At least ya know your not wasting time or space when ya take clones from a female. With seeds ya never know untill sexed.

Once the clones are fully rooted and you transplant to soil/medium, its really up to you and the plant how long it stays in veg before going to flower. I took a clone once for a micro/hydro grow and set it in its medium and let it set for a week in veg just so it would get itself settled in, then moved it right to flowering. It grew up about 19" tall and within 1sqft of area and produced right at 1oz of nice tasty bud,(dry weight) when harvested.

But most of the time they stay in the cloner 2wks, then I let them go in veg for 3-4 weeks until they are at the height that I need. I also like to do some training and Fim to get my plants bushed out before putting them into flower, so for me its typically 5-7wks (depending on the strain) from cutting to flower ready. :)

thanks, that's good info I need to know when setting up the schedule.

its too late for me to cut clones if they go into flower jan 8 right? because they need to heal.

No you can take clones any time during flowering. It just take the cutting longer to root and go back into vegetative growth stage.

So I should cut in veg..... not fully knowing if the plant is male? I have cloned. Im scared ill cut at the wrong point. Ill have to know everything I need. I heard ppl like something called bubbling I think. Im.not for certain. Ill ask around for items and prices ranges for everything

You can take cuttings during the first week or 2 of flowering without any issues, but the longer the plant goes into flowering, the longer it will take for the cutting to do what you want it to do. I suggest that you go to Youtube and watch some cloning procedure videos as there isn't a whole lot of variation to taking cuttings. I would watch several of them so that you can see some different ways that people do it and also to get somewhat of a consensus of the process. I prefer to take my cuttings from the bottom growth of the plant, and during the last week of veg before I put them into flower.

If you look at your plant, at the lower growth branches that are bigger, you will see some secondary branching coming off the bigger branches. These smaller branches will be anywhere from a couple cm tall to several inches, depending on the size and age of the plant. I prefer to take these branches that are about 5-10" tall, and have 3-5 leaf nodes. Many people will top their plants and use the cuttings taken from the top, but I prefer the lower branches as they will root more easily.

A bubble cloner is, IMO, the best, cheapest, easiest way to clone. But there are multiple ways to do it. You can build a bubble cloner out of a small plastic tote, neoprene pipe insulation, air pump and stone, and a small fish tank heater. Here is some pics of my first one that was very small and worked sooo well: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=183400&d=1326252628
Here is the same cloner, looking at the roots that are developing after a week: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=185494&d=1329698136

If you would rather go the "planting" route, you can use rooter cubes and they are easy to use as well. Here is what I used: http://www.plantlightinghydroponics...rooter-50-cell-tray-organic-plugs-p-2669.html
They are quite easy to use and work quite well. I took my rooter tray, which is just plastic, and cut it into smaller groups of 6 cube trays rather than trying to use the whole tray for just a few cuttings. Here is a pic of my bubble cloner and the rooter cubes in a plastic tote, sitting on top of about 2" layer of hydroton. I did it that way so that I could water them and keep the extra water from collecting and the cubes sitting in water. Plus I could put solution in the hydroton and allow the cubes to "wick" it up, and it helped to keep the humidity higher around the cuttings.: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=184935&d=1328754411
If you are interested in using my methods, just ask and I will explain further. :)

KoDak said:
So I should cut in veg..... not fully knowing if the plant is male? I have cloned. Im scared ill cut at the wrong point. Ill have to know everything I need. I heard ppl like something called bubbling I think. Im.not for certain. Ill ask around for items and prices ranges for everything

I usually don't clone until I know the sex of the plant--until I see preflowers. However, there is no problem with taking clones from everything when you are first starting out. Just make sure that all the clones are well labeled so that you know which is which when you do have them sexed. I almost always trim up the bottom of the plant before I put it into 12/12 and I generally use what I have trimmed off for clone starts. Don't be too worried about cutting in the wrong place--just take some growing tips from the bottom of the plant. Read up on cloning and give it a try. Once you have females, you can take clones from clones and not have to keep mothers.

Bubblers come in all shapes and sizes and are extremely easy to make at home with a few supplies you either have or can pick up inexpensively at any store carrying pet supplies--a small air pump, some air line and an air stone or 2. I an not a big fan of You Tube in general, but they should have a lot of good ideas for a lot of different kinds of bubblers.

Latest posts

Back