perpetual schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoNoXiDe

Reaction score
I don't know why, but for some reason I am way over thinking this and I can't come up with a game plan that makes since.

I would like to be able to Harvest 3 plants every 3 weeks to a month. I have 2 main strains that I want to grow Kali-47 and Super Skunk. I really think that the Kali-47 is going to help my mother in law with her authritis and help her sleep. My wife will like it also, she has sleep problems. The super skunk is something I think I will like. The 3rd plant, I just want to be able to run random strains to test them out and maybe "if I like it better the SS or they like it better the Kali-47, I will start growing it instead.

I tried to germinate 2 kali 47 "one to stay behind as a mom and one to move to the flower tent" and 2 SS "same as the kali 47 leaving one mom behind" and 1 Pineapple Punch "my random pick".

Only 2 Kali 47, 1 Super Skunk, and the Pineapple punch came through. So, I am missing 1 Super Skunk.

So, what I will have to do is leave one Kali 47 mom behind and take a clone of the SS to leave behind.

Now all of that said. The current plants are only 2 weeks old. Any help making me understand a plan I would appretiate. lol thanks

There are a couple ways you can do this but it all depends on the amount of space you have and how much you are wanting to yield at each harvest. Hang on to yer socks, this is going to take a bit of explaining :)

You can and should take cuttings from all of the plants when they are mature and ready to go to flower. It isn't necessary to hold out any for mother plants unless you have plenty of space and just want to. Even then I would recommend taking cuttings from all plants and labeling each one so that you know where they came from. Then you will flower all of the mature plants so that you can see which ones are the best and destroy the clones of the ones that you don't want.

Any time you have more than one plant(of the same strain) grown from seed, there will be variations within the seeds. You can often find 2 seeds of the same strain to have very different traits of growth structure, yield, flavor, and potency. By taking clones and flowering the mature plants and testing the outcome, you will be able to say "I definitely like this particular plant better than that plant", or find that one plant is weak and doesn't produce s well, or even ends up producing herms from weak genetics within that one seed.

All that said, if you want to have a perpetual harvest and you are only growing for a few people, or you have limited space for flowering, then you can use the same flowering space, but just don't fill it to capacity on the first few grows. Once you have all of the plant strains or plant individuals that you know you want to keep, then you can take clones from clones, and over time, you will have your space filled to capacity with flowering plants that are at different points in flower. You can have a particular plant that has only 2 weeks left of flower beside another plant of the same strain that has 6weeks of flower left and another that is just beginning flower.

With this perpetual harvest method you will be harvesting 1-3 plants every week to 2 weeks. Then as soon as you pull out those 1-3 plants, you would move more clones in that were waiting in veg. Once the initial plants have reached maturity, all of the clones from then on will be mature plants as soon as they root and technically are able to be flowered whenever you want to move them to the flower space.

The other way to do multiple harvests similar to a perpetual harvest but not exactly like it,(what I call continual harvest) is to have 2,3,or 4 individual flowering spaces. This is the method that I had moved to as I was growing for several people including myself. I had 2 veg spaces and 3 flowering tents. All of the strains that I grew were 9week flower strains. This allowed me to set plants into flower at 3week intervals. I would set new plants in flower in the first tent when they were mature, and after I took cuttings for cloning. Then 3weeks later, I had other plants that were ready to go and set them into flower after taking cuttings. 3weeks later, I set the next set of plants into the 3rd tent after taking cuttings. 3wks later I was harvesting the first tent and reloading with the clones from plants that I had taken earlier, and so on.

This type of continual harvesting is a great way of maximizing your production potential but it is a grueling schedule to keep and it takes about a year to get it set up correctly as it takes a lot of planning and scheduling to do it.

I wouldn't recommend doing what I did(continual harvest) until you really get all the strains down on their needs and styles. Plus with that style of continual harvest you have to have strains that flower at the same rate.
With a perpetual harvest, you can have strains of differing flower times, and the scheduling, tending, and harvesting isn't anywhere as grueling as the other.

I think it would be easier to do perpetual harvest of 2-3 different strains in a larger tent or flower space like a 4x8 space rather than a small closet unless you are not needing much production at any one time. You will also have to have a decent sized veg space and a dedicated cloning space. :)

I do perpetual...I have a 9x5 space...add 2 plants every 2 weeks...I try and stay with strains that finish right around 8 weeks...Ive tried other strains that needed longer flower times and Really messed with me...Im Harvesting 2 plants every 2 weeks now and 2-3oz per plant...:aok:

Happy Growing:48:

Everything he said was awesome and spot on... but I disagree with just one thing up there.

Perpetual vs Continual.

Hush, you think it's harder to do Continual over Perpetual? hah, really? In my mind, if you have (say) 1 veg space 2 flowering, the simple fact of keeping a 4 week staggered gap between the two tents makes continual easier.. heck, just having all the same age and requirements in one tent seems so much easier, than say, 4 different finishing times in 1 tent. Heck, if you have only 1 light in there, and 4 things that are maybe 2-3 weeks apart.......you're going to have CRAZY size differences. And then, only if you're soil / soilless (or even DWC in buckets) can you move the plants higher than another to equal out the canopy.

I've setup as such to be continual. I have 1 veg 4x4 and two flower 4x4's.. I have two 4' 4bulb T5 fixtures in my veg, so I can make multiple heights and 'stadium seating' for my veg stuff. Also, in each flowering space, I have two 600w HPS fixtures, that I also find my self setting at different heights to meet the plants needs. This would be what you would HAVE to do to run perpetual without loads of stretching.. you'd need multiple fixtures in each tent. Also, if you were perpetual, you have to keep track of extremely varying schedules and processes for each staggered plant.

So my point is, I truly believe continual would be a bit easier than perpetual. I'm still not even 1 year into this growing thing though, so maybe I just don't really know what I'm saying hahhahaha :D

Time to hit this bong. Hope I've helped and not made things more confusing lol!

Im Harvesting 2 plants every 2 weeks now and 2-3oz per plant

What's your experiences with things like what I said in my last post? Especially height differences with different ages strains? If I'm correct, you're soil (or something like that) so you bring the plant up to the light when it's younger don't you? :confused2:

Mono--refresh us on your situation--the size spaces and the lights you are using. I read so many posts that I forget. Are these all fem seeds?

I am thinking though that you didn't have a lot of veg room, so I question whether you should even keep moms--most of us don't, we take clones from clones like Hushpuppy mentioned. You can take clones from clones for many many years before the strain starts to deteriorate.

I pretty much like to do like 4u putting a couple of new plants into flowering every 10 days to 2 weeks or so. I am working mostly with 9 week strains because those are the strains I like. And 9 weeks is just 2-3 days longer than 2 months and easy for me to keep track of. If I have a strain that goes longer or shorter by a week or so it is not a problem.

One of my concerns and one of the reason that I grow perpetual is that I could never sit down and trim for a week solid--my hands will just not take it.

I too dislike the weekly trimming...I can handle a QP every other week...

Dr.G.....I do use milk crates if the plant is smaller than others..I also have 2 lights I can set at diffrent hights...:aok:..look for my Video upcoming near Christmas...

well, ever since I posted the thread about my daughter asking questions. I am in the process of building a new room in the garage.

I will have my 4x4 flower tent in there. The rest can be veg room. I have a 4' 6 bulb T5 for veg. I don't mind not having 2 moms, so I can save space.

I can build my veg space to whatever I need to. The room is 9 wide and 7 deep. i wish I could do a computer design for ya'll like Shortbus did for me, that way you could see what I am thinking.

The 4x4 tent will be in the corner. I will have 5 foot of room to the side of it, I was going to put my T5 there. So it would be 2x5, If I need to buy another T5 and make it 4x5 I can do that. I think that might be too much for that area.

Ive done Clones from Clones and NEVER had a problem. Mother Plants are a pain in the ***. I do like Staggered grows though. I had too cause I didnt have alot of room to grow several plants.

Vigorous Sativa hybrid, with exquisite aroma and strong and lasting effects.

Crossing of a selected Kali Mist, adapted to Mediterranean climate for over 9 years, x AK - 47, the result is a mostly Sativa strain with a short flowering cycle and a satisfactory performance. Its flavour is very sweet with reminiscent of caramel and fruits. It’s easy to grow, ideal for beginners.
Genetic: Kali Mist x AK-47
Yield: 400 - 450 Gr/m2
THC: 19%
Indoor height: 60 - 85 cm
Outdoor height: 200 - 300 cm
Indoor flowering period: From 55 to 60 days.
Harvest: Mid-October.

when it says 55 to 60 days "flowering period" This does mean it takes that many days once in 12/12. So, how ever long it takes to get alternate nodes, the add 55-60 days in the flower tent?

mono,
that would be yes on the flowering period. on average plants go nine weeks in flower. My method is to harvest every nine weeks. I think having all the plants in your flower tent on the same cycle is a lot easier than trying to juggle different time windows. You get one nice harvest every 2 months. Re pot your veg plants and move them to the tent. with some experience you can yeild a pound from a 4 x 4 with a 600 hps easy.

MoNoXiDe said:
Vigorous Sativa hybrid, with exquisite aroma and strong and lasting effects.

Crossing of a selected Kali Mist, adapted to Mediterranean climate for over 9 years, x AK - 47, the result is a mostly Sativa strain with a short flowering cycle and a satisfactory performance. Its flavour is very sweet with reminiscent of caramel and fruits. It’s easy to grow, ideal for beginners.
Genetic: Kali Mist x AK-47
Yield: 400 - 450 Gr/m2
THC: 19%
Indoor height: 60 - 85 cm
Outdoor height: 200 - 300 cm
Indoor flowering period: From 55 to 60 days.
Harvest: Mid-October.

when it says 55 to 60 days "flowering period" This does mean it takes that many days once in 12/12. So, how ever long it takes to get alternate nodes, the add 55-60 days in the flower tent?

That sounds like a really nice strain. I will be interested in hearing how it smokes.

I sometimes get preflowers before I get alternating nodes. So, I would say that 55-60 days after either alternating nodes or preflowers.

Everyone has to find their own 'best way to grow". For various reasons, I do not like doing 1 large harvest every 9 weeks. It just works a lot better for me to cycle plants in and out of the flowering room every 10-14 days. I do think that if you run perpetual harvest that a 2 x 4 veg space (no moms) will be large enough.

When I was running 3 flowering tents, I was harvesting between 16-20oz dry weight at a time from each tent. cutting and trimming all that material is totally great for the first 3hrs. The next 4hrs is just painful, and that is 2 experienced trimmers working together. I was doing that every 3weeks when It was running wide open.

Is that space you are building a simple rectangle? If so I would put the door in one corner and then close off a 7x5 space on the opposite end side and have the tent in the back of the space left over that is opposite of the door as you walk in. That would give you a 3x4 space when you go in the door for working in. This would be a tight space for working but having 35square feet of flowering space would make doing a perpetual harvest with 2-3 strains much easier to manage. The veg space doesn't need to be but half as big as the flower space.

In the 5x7 you could run 9 plants, or 3 rows of 3 plants. This would allow you to have 3 separate cycles if you want to do them in discreet schedules. I have a friend that was able to run 4 different strains in the same space and everyone of them were on different schedules, and he was able to keep them straight just by watching them flower and checking trichomes for harvest times. He was also in a 5x5 space and had typically about 7-9 plants but grew them small. He typically only harvested about 1oz per plant and pulled out 1-2 plants every 2 weeks.

I prefer to have only 2-3 distinct harvest schedules so that I have them equally spaced for my convenience. Plus having 3 separate tents allowed me to harvest a nice load each time. Doing that type of setup within one space on a smaller scale should be much easier (I believe) as the plants would be smaller so harvesting wouldn't be a trim-a-thon every 3 weeks.

The only thing with doing that in a 35sqft space is that you would need either 2 1kwHPS fixtures or 3 600wHPS fixtures, or 4 400wHPS fixtures to get real good budz.

i found doing perps trying to harvest every 2 - 3 weeks is seriously not worth the time and hassle specially small plant count then again i am sure someone will mention they have a specific plant number allowed
you need 3 seperate rooms it takes a good cycle to get it all lined up clones you need 4-6 times more then you would have in veg or flower room as well veg room needs to have more then you have in flower room in order to harvest every 2 weeks i did it for 3 grows and stopped was litterally full time job lol difference was 12 plants every 2 - 3 weeks and i think it worked out like having 300 clones going non stop 70 plants in all stages in veg and at most 24 plants in flowering room add that all up and you have a **** load of plants if caught

from the sounds of it, its doable but its alittle more difficult. It's probably easier for me to do 2- Kali 47 then 1 month later start 2 super skunk. this would leave 2 spots open for the plants that need longer to finish. I would still have room to move the next cycle into the flower tent. Maybe down the road when I get some grows under my belt, I can move into the more difficult grows.

MoNoXiDe said:
from the sounds of it, its doable but its alittle more difficult. It's probably easier for me to do 2- Kali 47 then 1 month later start 2 super skunk. this would leave 2 spots open for the plants that need longer to finish. I would still have room to move the next cycle into the flower tent. Maybe down the road when I get some grows under my belt, I can move into the more difficult grows.

Its the passion my friend

:48:

DrFever said:
i found doing perps trying to harvest every 2 - 3 weeks is seriously not worth the time and hassle specially small plant count then again i am sure someone will mention they have a specific plant number allowed
you need 3 seperate rooms it takes a good cycle to get it all lined up clones you need 4-6 times more then you would have in veg or flower room as well veg room needs to have more then you have in flower room in order to harvest every 2 weeks i did it for 3 grows and stopped was litterally full time job lol difference was 12 plants every 2 - 3 weeks and i think it worked out like having 300 clones going non stop 70 plants in all stages in veg and at most 24 plants in flowering room add that all up and you have a **** load of plants if caught

I have run this way for years and it works great for me and I do it with 2 rooms. I run about 8-10 plants in my flowering space. I have 4 clones rooting. I have 2 plants that have just gone from the cloner to DWC. I have 2 God's OG Kush that are a few weeks older. I have 2 Satori that are 2 weeks older than that. I have 1 Nurse Larry and 1 Beyond the Brain that are a few weeks older than that. This weekend, 2 plants will come out of the flowering room and 2 vegging plants will go in. It simply is not that difficult on a smaller scale.

I cannot imagine how you could possibly need 300 clones going when you are flowering at most 24 plants. Also I cannot imagine having 70 plants in all stages of growth if you are flowering 24 (at most). I have 10 plants in flowering right now and I have 8 vegging and 4 cuts in the cloner. If you are using reg seeds, you would want to start more. But if you are using clones, I don't really understand the need for 300 clones and 70 vegging plants to fill a 24 plant flowering room?

Im with you THG,,sounds like alot of work for 24 plants. Hell that sounds like another job. Screw that. I just want enough weed for me and tha Wifey. That doesnt even sound fun anymore.

i like the method THG is using, going to apply that to my grow for sure.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have run this way for years and it works great for me and I do it with 2 rooms. I run about 8-10 plants in my flowering space. I have 4 clones rooting. I have 2 plants that have just gone from the cloner to DWC. I have 2 God's OG Kush that are a few weeks older. I have 2 Satori that are 2 weeks older than that. I have 1 Nurse Larry and 1 Beyond the Brain that are a few weeks older than that. This weekend, 2 plants will come out of the flowering room and 2 vegging plants will go in. It simply is not that difficult on a smaller scale.

I cannot imagine how you could possibly need 300 clones going when you are flowering at most 24 plants. Also I cannot imagine having 70 plants in all stages of growth if you are flowering 24 (at most). I have 10 plants in flowering right now and I have 8 vegging and 4 cuts in the cloner. If you are using reg seeds, you would want to start more. But if you are using clones, I don't really understand the need for 300 clones and 70 vegging plants to fill a 24 plant flowering room?

sounds really nice. I will just have to find the right strains that are closer to the same length of time in flower.

Latest posts

Back