pesticide warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
P.O. Box 42560  Olympia, Washington 98504-2560  360-902-2040
Statewide Stop Sale on Following Products
ACTION REQUIRED
Date: June 29, 2016
To: Pesticide Distributors
Subject: 15 Products Contain Undisclosed Pesticide Ingredients
The Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) has detected one or more
undisclosed pesticide ingredients in the following 15 products. The WSDA has issued statewide
stop sale orders for these products. You should stop distribution of all of these products
that you may currently be distributing. These may be returned to your supplier.
Several of these products contain ingredients that are not allowed for use on marijuana. This
could cause marijuana to fail the Washington State Department of Health pesticide testing
requirements for compliant marijuana products. In addition, some of these ingredients could
result in the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board confiscating and destroying
marijuana if they are found on recreational marijuana above certain levels.
Pesticides:
1. Safergro Mildew Cure for Powdery Mildew Control, WA Reg. No. 68573-08004
2. SNS 217C All Natural Spider Mite Control Concentrate, WA Reg. No. 998660-10002
Fertilizers:
1. Humboldt Roots 0-0.25-0.25, WA Reg. No. 1916-0028
2. Olivia’s Cloning Gel .08-.15-.09, WA Reg. No. 1181-0002
3. Optic Foliar AT-AK 0.06-0-0.15, WA Reg. No. 2097-0007
4. Optic Foliar Overgrow 0.8-0.16-3.2, WA Reg. No. 2097-0005
5. Rock Resinator Heavy Yields 0-7-8, WA Reg. No. 2422-0006
6. Root 66 1-1-1, WA Reg. No. 1707-0014
7. The Hammer 10-25-15, WA Reg. No. 1827-0015
Unregistered Products:
1. Frost Protection Plus, unregistered product
2. NPK Mighty Wash, unregistered product
3. OG Rapid Flower + Hardener, unregistered fertilizer product
4. Optic Foliar Switch 0-0.2-2, unregistered fertilizer product
Page 2 of 2
5. Pyyro K 0-3-7, unregistered fertilizer product
6. Vita Grow Thunder Boom, unregistered fertilizer product
Sincerely,
PESTICIDE MANAGEMENT DIVISION
Kevin F. Jensen
Pesticide Investigator

This freaks me out. I have only use a couple of things on here.. How are they testing this? Olivias cloning gel is banned??? I don't use it now but I have.. Are their residuals in the flowers from cloning gel? Is that true?

SNS 217, I haven't used that in a long time but I liked it.
Mighty wash, i liked that product too.
This is kinda scary.

Seems i remember ppl using the SNS on this forum.

I recommended the heck out of SNS. It is supposed to be organic? I am troubled.

I got some of them !--but I eat Vienna Sausage --Weenies and Potted Meat and smoked lots of brick !---I'm good !--

both the mighty wash and sns worked well for me on separate occasions. fortunately i do not sell any of my herb. i know back in the 70's, i smoked paraquat on numerous occasions. ain't killed me yet. i hope this does not affect any of those folks on here that are growing as caregivers though. that is lousy...

the Mighty Wash is an unregistered product, not a dangerous chemical. The wording here is a little sketchy and not mentioning which product it contains that is bad or why it is bad is not very helpful at all.

Umbra, do you know if a cloning agent could still be in a bud?

OF, i know i smoked paraquat and for sure one whole lid of cat nip... got our money back on that one. LOL.. 17 year old. I don't sell either Old fogey but i do make medicine, but i haven't had to use anything outside yet for 3 years, so my meds are clean, but I do use the cloning acids.

I spoke to both of those companies before I bought their products. The SNS folks were great and I didn't feel like i had been "sold to" ya know? Mighty wash worked.

Umbra, do you know if a cloning agent could still be in a bud?

OF, i know i smoked paraquat and for sure one whole lid of cat nip... got our money back on that one. LOL.. 17 year old. I don't sell either Old fogey but i do make medicine, but i haven't had to use anything outside yet for 3 years, so my meds are clean, but I do use the cloning acids.

I spoke to both of those companies before I bought their products. The SNS folks were great and I didn't feel like i had been "sold to" ya know? Mighty wash worked.

If it contained heavy metals, certainly it would. But not telling you what ingredient is suspect and why, doesn't help much in knowing whether it will or not.

that is the exact type of stuff that i never buy...root boosters, flower boosters, foliar sprays, cloning gels and cleansing solutions. most of this is marketing hypes, i bet that if you do not use any cloning aid and get the clones right, you would not lose a clone, same applies to if you were feeding correctly, no need for sophisticated hormones that act mysteriously on the plant to give it super powers. The entire approach of filling shelves with more products hoping for a better result is wrong imo plants need certain elements and trace elements, and there is nothing magic out there

I too am a bit confused about exactly what this is saying...undisclosed pesticides. Is this just a labeling problem? And why would they not tell us which of the "several" products are not allowed on cannabis and what those offending chemicals actually are? Like zem, I am not into all those additives, but I do have and use SNS217, Mighty Wash, and cloning gel. I am not using Olivia's now, but I certainly have in the past.

Guys, just because it says organic doesn't mean it's safe to use. And just because it is organic doesn't mean you can use it in flower. Neem is organic but you better wear a respirator when spraying it.
Regarding Mightywash, if you look at the MSDS data it tells you that one of the active ingredients is a "proprietary blend ", meaning it is patented and they won't share with you what it is. I know the reps at the conventions will drink the stuff but I wonder if they would smoke it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So to be labeled organic doesn't mean crap? They lie? I still have hope that SNS will be vindicated.

AM, thanks for your response. In fruit ag in my state they use a lot of copper sulfate, which works and is organic, but I don't think i want to smoke it, ya know? Proprietary blend is why i called the mighty wash folks. Sheesh.

Rose the only time the word Organic means anything in regards to food is if it is Labled "Certified". Even then I wonder, a friend in the valley uses pesticides on his crops and leases land right next to a Certified Organic Grower. We all know the spray from his area will get on his crop yet it is still "Certified". The word "Natural" means absolutely nothing. Bananas even come certified to have been picked by labor that gets a fair wage. Welcome to whole foods.

I am so glad I do not use any of the above products. And I am with Zem about cloning. You can soak your clone stems in vitamin B 12 solution if you want to. It helps and then not use the gel.

I personally do not spray anything on my crop three or four weeks before flower. Would rather smoke bugs if I have to.

OK,. This is my plan. Went and stole some willow branches from the neighbors. They are soaking in hot water for 24 hours and I a! Cloning with that tomorrow!.
Please excuse typos I am on a tablet

Organic means absolutely NOTHING in regard to the actual food. It is related to the grower's business model, not his product. "Organic" foods are allowed to contain synthetic pesticides. And, often do. It's a marketing term. Nothing more.

Here is a good example of how "organic" food must be good for you.... LMAO

View attachment 51jg1hv29OL.jpg

Latest posts

Back