pesticide warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will never make this imperfect world ,,,,perfect. I do the best i can do eat clean food and to grow clean food ,,but there is only so much we can do. I will strive to grow organically and eat organically and that's the best i can do. Will everything i eat or grow be clean of pesticides and GMO's,,,hell no.

We will never make this imperfect world ,,,,perfect. I do the best i can do eat clean food and to grow clean food ,,but there is only so much we can do. I will strive to grow organically and eat organically and that's the best i can do. Will everything i eat or grow be clean of pesticides and GMO's,,,hell no.

the bone in bone meal, blood in blood meal all have pesticides and gmo grown........ GMO seeds have made it possible to grow twice as much corn with lots less fertilizers, water(via irrigation) and pesticides....... which makes it cheaper and accessible to a hungry world with less impact to environment......... with mass production of so called organic products they may be more destructive to the environment than synthetic products.

And, it's sad, but you can't even believe the labels or ingredient listings.

I mean, think about it. With everything we know about white sugar and all the lime and chlorine used in the processing, the single ingredient listed on the bag is still, "Sugar". LOL

The only part about it that makes me mad is that "Organic" lettuce is $3.99 a head and the "non-organic" is $1.99 per head. And, they hide the little tiny handful of non-organic stuff and overwhelm you with the 'organic" stuff.

"Organic" is huge right now. Probably bigger than the last marketing ploy they pulled on us... remember, "All Natural". LMAO

I have a friend who is a chef and he used to say, "All natural flavors and ingredients? Well, beaver piss is all natural. They got beaver piss in this product?" LMAO

Maybe I'm just a tiny bit skeptical about marketing and advertising. LMAO

"Electric" anything is huge right now too. Electric cars, smart phones, and everything runs on lithium batteries. Ever seen what a lithium mine does to the planet? Google it sometime. They say electric cars are the future, but we have to destroy the planet to build these cars that will save the planet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I remembered that i had my pot tested for chemical residue last year etc and it came back clean. I do worry about the irrigation water we use. It has to have lots of bad stuff in it. Today I cloned with willow water, we will see.

G13, The national rose society told members to quit using blood and bone years ago.

Organic food is higher in nutritional content than traditional and it tastes better. We could not have afforded to eat "clean" when the kids were little. We don't do much processed food.. But don't listen to me I had a stroke. ha

Thanks Rose,Times I wonder about some of the dispensary weed that I have had..neighbor and I were just talking about this. they are pushing it out so fast it never is cured .....and we have had weed that has been off...he swears he taste chemicals in some of them...
Weed independence..That's what I call for..I can not believe the options for nutes ,when I go into a grow shop ..Just the colors on the bottles scare me:)..I feed nothing but **** and teas....But cloning jell???...

is there any proof that basic chemical fertilizers such as calcium and potassium nitrate, potassium sulfate,and potassium phosphate , cause any harm to humans if they ingest food that was fed by them? What is well proven to be harmful is the chemical pesticides that also poison humans.

I NEVER use Pesticides in my gardens. I have used chemical ferts in the past,,,but no pesticides. My gardens are composted and i use Fish ****,,worm castings,rabbit **** and molasses. I use chemical ferts on my yard twice a year. Pesticides scare the hell out of me. We dont even use deet anymore for mosquitos.

I recently bought some food grade diatomaceous earth for one of my sons as a supplement. It is supposed to detoxify your body. It also is supposed to be a type of insecticide that kills bugs by abrading away their exoskeleton causing them to dry out and die. I noticed when it is mixed with water, it is cloudy and tannish. I think if I added a drop of red food coloring, it would look like mighty wash. I am wondering if that is that proprietary ingredient in mighty wash...

It would kinda make sense since mighty wash claims to dry out the mites and also claims it can be used up until harvest. Diatomaceous earth is really cheap too. I bought a 20 lb bag for $20.

OF, I have a bag of that on hand at all times. Weirds me out that you can eat it. I read the label�� Maybe you're on to something. I use it in m gardens a lot.

i got it for my kid but i have tried it out too. a teaspoon in a cup of water 2x a day. i been doing that for a little over a week. i ain't dead yet. not sure that it is really doing anything for me though. my beets, kale and spinach are being feasted upon by slugs i think and my rose bushes are getting munched by caterpillars. my herb plant is hosting some spider mites again too. i am not using anything to battle them. maybe i will try out the de. how do you apply it? i was thinking of putting some powder in a sprayer and spraying the plants down.

I have only topped dressed with it but i have read where you can spray it. Good luck OF..

i got it for my kid but i have tried it out too. a teaspoon in a cup of water 2x a day. i been doing that for a little over a week. i ain't dead yet. not sure that it is really doing anything for me though. my beets, kale and spinach are being feasted upon by slugs i think and my rose bushes are getting munched by caterpillars. my herb plant is hosting some spider mites again too. i am not using anything to battle them. maybe i will try out the de. how do you apply it? i was thinking of putting some powder in a sprayer and spraying the plants down.

I am trying predator mites. So far, this is the only grow I have not had mites so bad that they threaten the grow. I am using 2 types. 1 is in a shaker can and you shake them out over the plants you are seeing spider mites and the other are a slow release bag that is hung around the plant. Fingers crossed

my plum tree is done bearing fruit this season, finished dropping plums more than 2 months ago.

My peach trees got screwed by Texas weather,damnt.

Send a bug to kill a bug !--- Does my heart good knowing that there will be no quick chemical death for the bastids !--Good Bugs gonna chase them down and eat them alive !-- Won't be no missed spots like with a spray !-- Won't be a survivor or 2 left to repopulate the grow !

we have lots of cows and horses around where I live, which means there are lots and lots of flies. They use the parasite predators everywhere out here.

Latest posts

Back