Ph meter ?

D

dman1234

Guest
Can anyone explain this?

I have two PH meters, when i put them both in Calibration fluid #7 they both read 7 on the dot, when i put them in a cup of water they read a full point different, one says around 6.5 and the other 7.4.

Whats with that??
 

4u2sm0ke

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
17,344
Reaction score
13,504
and are they the same meter? or diffrent manufacture?
 
D

dman1234

Guest
they are different, one is Hanna and i dont know the other
 

4u2sm0ke

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
17,344
Reaction score
13,504
this could be why..I had a Hanna then Baught a millwakee both read diffrent...Just my thaughts


take care and be safe

:48:
 

Ruffy

i love mj!
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
902
Reaction score
42
check battery, then wash the meter well. might have junk dried on sensor.
 
D

dman1234

Guest
Ruffy said:
check battery, then wash the meter well. might have junk dried on sensor.
BATTERIES, BATTERIES, Duh, why didnt i think of that, definetly worth a shot, i will try it.

Thanks Ruffy
 

4u2sm0ke

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
17,344
Reaction score
13,504
:giggle: I think i spent more on new Batteries then I did the meter:doh:
 
D

dman1234

Guest
4u2sm0ke said:
:giggle: I think i spent more on new Batteries then I did the meter:doh:
Well im just looking at the batteries now, and i think i am about to find out what you mean.
 

Locked

Music
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
16,527
Reaction score
3,742
dman1234 said:
Well im just looking at the batteries now, and i think i am about to find out what you mean.

Yeah that is why last time I spent the money and got a meter and not a pen... The meter I got has a detachable probe so you can replace it and takes one 9 volt battery which does not cost an arm and a leg.
 

pawpaw

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2011
Messages
118
Reaction score
3
Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah that is why last time I spent the money and got a meter and not a pen... The meter I got has a detachable probe so you can replace it and takes one 9 volt battery which does not cost an arm and a leg.
I agree, I have a Hanna HI9813-6 and likeit a lot. It's the third digital pH meter I've had in 20 years. They keep getting cheaper and better. The probes for all suchmeters are fragile and expensive. The probe for this Hanna costs ~$90.00 It's crucially important to follow all the cleaning andstorage instructions to the letter and use the recommended storagesolution. The only thing that griped me about the Hanna is that itships w/o storage solution so you need to order some soon after youget one.
 

Latest posts

Top