Ph pen storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
Hey yall id like to get some input on how some of you store your ph pen when its not in use.
I have been using some stuff that I got at the grow shop but it was ten bucks for a tiny bottle and id like a cheaper method. Ive heard of people using plan water, is that ok? I just got a new probe the other day and it came in the mail with a tiny rubber cap and a tiny sponge covering it. Do any of yall use that tiny rubber cap? Its pretty conveniant and it would be great to use that instead of keeping it in a cup of solution.

Hey brosef what up.....I use plain water and the rubber cap. I hve for over a year with no problems. When I mix up my nutrients and ph them I always then ph some plain tap water afterwards then wipe thebprobe a bit and cap it. Jmo

Nice! Good to hear. Yo hammy its all good at my house. Just workin like a madman and then checking on the plants when I have time. Im having problems getting pictures uploaded from my smart phone. Any advice? It seems so simple but its just not working.

I do it pretty much the same as HL,

I would be careful posting pics with a smart phone.

maineharvest said:
Nice! Good to hear. Yo hammy its all good at my house. Just workin like a madman and then checking on the plants when I have time. Im having problems getting pictures uploaded from my smart phone. Any advice? It seems so simple but its just not working.
I wouldn't use a smart phone. Many of them have ways to track them so that law enforcement can backtrack to them for finding people that are lost or kidnapped. :eek:

Hammy :ciao: I just looked up the specs on a Milwaukee ph55 and they say you can use the ph7 calibration solution for storing.

all you have to do is open the cellphone picture in photoshop or paint, resave and all the info from the phone is gone. i do this even with the geo-tagging off to be sure.

Your supposed to rinse under running tap water once you have used it and keep the cap on the pen to keep the probe moist.
My ph pen is T.I. and is only meant to last 365 tests but i do test pretty regular using ph4 and ph7 solution and its still reading spot on well over 365 tests later.
T4

i use a storage solution that was avaliable for purchase when i got my pen, its a 10oz bottle i believe, and i only use a cap full of the solution at a time so it should last quite a while, was fairly cheap also.

electrode storage solution.
and yes, i just keep the top cap filled rather than use a lot.

Thanks for the good info everybody. Ill be keeping it in that mini cap with the sponge.

Latest posts

Back