PH problems???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should fix but I would k eep a close eye on the level Ph and the GPG of the the water ok. We all can learn something new if we help each other out.

I probably should drain the rez and not add any calmag+ huh .................I've been about thinking switching to the lucas formula (just wish i wouldn't have and bought that gallon of the grow) so i'm thinking I should drain the rez while the lights are out and then when the lights come on us fresh nuts (lucas formula) with only half the amount of ph down that I was originally using and see what that brings the r/w slabs PH up to

thanks i will .........the lights are out now and i'd better get busy if i want this done by lights on

let you know if it helps my calcium problem.............without using the cal-mag+

thanks guys

shouldn't you be soaking the rockwool in some 5.5 phd water before use??

maintaining ph with tap water will be hard. you dont know whats in the
water and how its going to effect your res.

Using PH up and down with tap
water. I had to use Milliliters of PH up/down. with Filtered reverse osmosis
it only takes a drop or two.

imo, if i was you. I would use plain water and 1/4 teaspooon of flora grow/micro/bloom per gallon. no more or less until you can at least get
a ph tester.

I have a tester now puffalot ..............and yes i did soak them in rockwool soak for over 24 hours

however until a few days ago my ph tester was an aquarium liquid drops tester which only went down to 6 on the scale.........so i took my ph down to 6 after my nutes were added....it was maintaining ph just fine i thought ...........until i checked the rootzone..........the PH in the R/W slabs was only 4.5...............I had been keeping the rez at 6 or below the whole time as my new hanna digital confirmed.......................still the rootzone is 4.5

since yesterday when i first posted i have pumped 200 gals of fresh 7.4 PH (plain) water through my rez...............the PH is 5.6 in the rootzone now

tonite i'm adding my nutes and plan on keeping a close eye on the PH of the rootzone and adjusting from there if need be

Latest posts

Back