ph problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftw

Reaction score
started 3 barnrys farm lsd 1 didnt pop 1 is like a dwarf the third is doing fine.also started 1 kanabila(something like that)afrodite very impressed so far with this strain compared to the lsd.problem is i balance ph to 6.5 but my run off is below 4. im using miracal grow moisture control. got newts and ph stuff after started the grow,some leafs started turning yellow thought using to many newts but now see to low ph tap water is above 8 should i try to use strait tap water after letting set overnight.cant afford to buy water

use the tap after 24 hrs and preferably put an air stone in there as well...but it must be PH ballaned...And I dont useually check the run off as long as my solution going in is 6.5-7.0 :aok:

yea i agree with 4u2, my tap water is usually around 8 so i always just use my ph tester and my ph down and get it around 6.5-7.0 and then i let it sit for 24 hours.

the runoff is telling you whats going on in the rootzone... if your yellowing off leaves and the ph is @ 4 on the runoff the ph in the container is low....and feeding with a 6.5 it will stay low. if you feed with a higher ph...around 8 with nutes that will bring the ph up higher in the rootzone- maybe even 8.5...

using dolomite lime in the soil mix or top dressing and watering in will help stabilize the rootzones ability to hold the ph where the plant can utilize the nutrients in the solution you feed with.

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :goodposting:

Get the lime, problem solved.;)

Wet

Reactions: ftw
I agree with TOA. i check my run off every 2 waterings. if my run off was 4.0 i would water with straight tap water thats 8.0 and check my run off again.. i've used that same soil in the past and you really need lime.. good luck

lime is a must. in promix i add 3/4c per 7.5 gal of soil. so say your ph'd water is 8 going in & your runoff is 4. your target is 6.2-6.8 for runoff. shoot for say 6.5. so knowing these #'s you can hit your target usually the 1st try. heres how: 6.5(target runoff) - 4.0(runoff) = 2.5 difference. take the diff of 2.5 & add it to your starting water of 8.0 so you know that you should start next watering w/ 10.5. id go w/ lime cause thats alot of ph up IMO to be giving your plants.

oh & by the way most city water contains chloromines which do not disapate from the water w/ bubbling, that only works for chlorine. use tap water conditioner for aquariums.

just use ph'd water & no ferts. time release ferts in soil is a PITA. run the risk of burning everytime you water if not very careful. godspeedsukka is the one to talk to about MG but i havent seen him around in prolly a year. look his MG thread up & GL

Miracle Grow is a hard soil to grow with bro....especially that moisture control crap. If you really insist on using A Miracle Grow soil then try MG seed starter mix or their sphag/peat moss with some added perlite. Those two soils don't have time release nutrients in them. Like Doc said Godspeed and a cpl others grow well with MG but on the whole it is a tough soil choice.jmo

i have been in a state of ph balance since going organic everyone said you don't have to check your ph and maybe i didn't do somthing right but it got cold and a power outage shut down my heater and been battling ever since!

Latest posts

Back