Ph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSki8950

Green is the new black
Reaction score
alright is 7.6 terribly high for a PH ???? I first started using poland springs water and everything was fine ... the spots only happend when i started using tap water.... but on the poland springs web site it says all of its waters are from 6.02-7.6 .... any thoughts ???

thanks hick .. i was lookin for the charts everywhere ... maybe i was losing it

hmm it said error on request when i tried to open the link

yea, I suppose a "Mod" should c/p them into the indoor forum as well...;)

where abouts is the chart on the site? ... i tried to open the link and i get a error 400 ...

so if the PH is too high what should i do ?? the bottom leaves are not looking to good ... im jost hoping for more growth up top

BSki8950 said:
so if the PH is too high what should i do ?? the bottom leaves are not looking to good ... im jost hoping for more growth up top
hey bro i have five fish tanks and when my ph is hi in them i use a ph decreaser. then when i get it to where i want. i use a ph stabilizer to maintian desired ph u want.u can get this stuff at ur local pet store or wallmart. good luck with ur plants

Thanks Sticky Budz .... Dont sweat it Hick its alright .... I appreciate ur help thanks hick ..

Alright i got this cheep PH tester for my water and it was around 7.0 which by the chart hick showed me was a little high ... I dont know if this is the reason for the yellow spots and yellowness... So i was wondering what i should do to bring it down... I also took some pics so you guys could help me out .. thanks.. The top of the plant looks alright but the bottom is where most of the spots were and now looks like hell ... since i stoped the water that i was using that was around 7.6 the spots have stoped i think ... You can also notice some White stains on the clay pots that look like salt almost i dont know ... i dont think its good though

Meow1.jpg

meow2.jpg

meow3.jpg

meow4.jpg

meow5.jpg

your plants look healthy, if it ain't broke don't fix it.. you should pre adjust any water or nutrients before you water to 6.5-6.8 in soil. some plants can tolerate a slightly highre pH but as flowering starts that's where the problems come in.

6.5-6.8

yea i gotta get a PH tester for the water and soil .. i just have one for water right now and its for fish tanks so i dunno .

Lowes now sells a decent battery operated ph tester for like 19.95.... it has a needle but is electronic instead of analog... you might should check it out.
There is no excuse for pH problems...and not having a tester... get one QUICK.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
your plants look healthy, if it ain't broke don't fix it.. you should pre adjust any water or nutrients before you water to 6.5-6.8 in soil. some plants can tolerate a slightly highre pH but as flowering starts that's where the problems come in.

6.5-6.8
like he said. great words man lol

Don't worry about the color on your pots -- they are ceramic and are porous and allow air and moisture exchange. They are, IMO, the best to grow just about anything in, from house plants to MJ. They'll get that buildup on the outside no matter what you grow.

Ok i have been real bizzy lately so i really havent had much time to post any pics of my plant. I think its getting better but im not sure. The undergrowth is growing but the plant itself is not that tall at all. Prob less than 1 foot. I think when i was feeding it i gave it too much and got some nut burn at the end of some leaves. Im kinda aggravated with it and cant wait till it gets warmer out and i can put it in the ground. but anywho here are some pics. let me know what you think. Thanks.

hi1.jpg

hi2.jpg

hi3.jpg

hi4.jpg

It looks like it needs to be put into a bigger pot to me.. I bet it's about root bound...

Latest posts

Back