Ph ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doja

Stay High
Reaction score
hi there fellow weed smokers. i need help with a ph ?. are there any sure tell sign that a plant shows if the ph is too high or too low. i do have a ph meter but its the soil ones and sometimes i feel that is not the most accurate thing in the world. i ask because on martha near the tip of a few colas the tiny leaves that are frosted with resin are curled up a bit. i have the ph papers but sometimes i feel that isnt the most accurate either. i understand that pics mean a thousand words but i will try to get pics of her up this weekend so you can see what i mean if you dont understand.

does anyone think its getting too cold for her. lately temps have dropped at night to about 55- 57 at night.

The best way to tell your PH is to buy a test strip kit. About 6 bucks. If you don't trust them...... I don't know what to say.....
Also, for what it is worth, if you have a strong microorganism base under the soil, PH goes out the window. The average ph of my drain-off from my soil-based plants is usually 8.6, yet look at my pictures @ Indoor Grow Journal; Title: Holy Flouro Grow, Batman. Once they started going well, I quit woorying about PH. Kind of a moot point, IMHO......Temps are pushing dangerous for MJ. Might think about bringing her in to lights......?

actually if anyone wants to look now you can see in my other post a pic
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17235
scroll down where i posted pics the second time and take a look at the firtst pic to the left. notice how the leaves below curled up a lil bit. just wanted anybodys two cents if its a possible ph problem or a weather problem. its OD in a big pot. all fox farm product and General hydro PH adjusters
thanks

Capt. Skinx said:
The best way to tell your PH is to buy a test strip kit. About 6 bucks. If you don't trust them...... I don't know what to say.....
Also, for what it is worth, if you have a strong microorganism base under the soil, PH goes out the window. The average ph of my drain-off from my soil-based plants is usually 8.6, yet look at my pictures @ Indoor Grow Journal; Title: Holy Flouro Grow, Batman. Once they started going well, I quit woorying about PH. Kind of a moot point, IMHO......Temps are pushing dangerous for MJ. Might think about bringing her in to lights......?

thanks for your reply. what do you mean when you say a strong microorganism base under the soil? Whats a microorganism? thanks for letting me know about the temp,but unfortunately i cant bring her inside to lights due to her size and i am not prepared. IE... lights and equipment/setup.
thanks again and grow on

if you are in the northeast you probably will have dirt that leans on the acid side, i would throw some lime in there, mix it in with the dirt when you plant, then later, and even sweeten the water with it, our rain is acid, dats why its' called acid rain, so overall you are much more likely to be needin lime, it probably won't hurt, it is generally good for the soil, it allows microorganisms to break down the soil and do their work.

does anyone think its getting too cold for her. lately temps have dropped at night to about 55- 57 at night.
....NO...IMHO..it only tells them.."It's time...better hurry up"..
below "about" 60F, it begins to inhibit some nutrient uptake and will slow growth. But for only a few hours..very little IF any harm.

Latest posts

Back