Planted 12/8/08, WORRIED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadCityChaos

Curious Begginer
Reaction score
hey guys, i posted on here a few weeks ago that i started my first indoor grow, cfl. and i am starting to get worried that they arent growing fast enough, its been a month and i feel like they are pretty small. let me know what you think. thanks.

first 4 pics are one plant, last 3 are my other one.

DSC00350.JPG

DSC00351.JPG

DSC00352.JPG

DSC00320.JPG

DSC00353.JPG

DSC00354.JPG

DSC00355.JPG

Well, I can say you have great color in the leaves... How many cfl's do you have running? You will most likely need to add more. Is there two plants in one container? usually for potted plants that's a no-no...

You have lots of nice growth there. They look healthy. Certainly not stretching. How did you germinate? 12/8 since they sprouted?

MCC, your plants look healthy enough to me. Please give us more information about your grow so we can better help you. Tell us what kind of fluorescent lights you're using, including information such as what color (color is rated in K for Kelvin) they are and how many total lumens per square foot you have. Plus, tell us about your soil, how much and how often you fertilize? How much and how often are you watering? Tell us about your temperature, and pH, etc.

Perhaps you don't have enough light on those. That's my guess without knowing anything about your grow. Also, the soil looks wet. There's nothing wrong with wet soil, but how often do you water? Constantly wet soil can stunt growth.

@alistair young

i am using two cfls, one warm spectrum and one cold. i am growing in a computer case, trying to keep it stealthy using miracle grow orgranic soil, ( keep in mind this is my first grow, so dont have to much excess cash for expensive soils and nutes and lights). the reason they look wet is because i just watered them before i took the pics. haha.

@bbfan
i have had the lights on 24/7 since they sprouted, this was the general consensus in my other post. i was told to go to 12/12 or 12/8 after about 5 weeks of 24/7.

By Looking at your plants i can tell that they are looking like they need a little more light, I know you said u dont have a huuuuge budget but if you can get hold of some Enviro-Lites there cheap enough and put out quite a few lumens each.
But remember not to expect too much yeild then u wont be dissapointed save up some cash and try swapping to some bigger lights if u can and u will be more likely to produce some bigger faster developing buds :)

Also 4got to mention your stalks look a little dainty and thin have u enough ventillation in ur grow area or a fan blowing on them this will help build ur stalks strength up ready for all the new growth thats to come :) xxxx Great plants keep it up

i would not go 12-12 until the plants get bigger,unless you want to try and keep them small.if you plan on keeping them in the computer case,i would flip now.they are gonna grow regardless.you'll have to so some topping,fim,,etc.

:yeahthat: They look like they are stretching a little if you can get a couple more CFL's (a store where I live sells a box of 2 on sale for $1.00 :holysheep: so I bought a arse load - for my house and veg tent) up there it would help :hubba: they look good other then that. Do you have any circulation in your case?

personally if you are keeping them in such a small space, aside from trying to add another bulb or two...maybe get a Y-adapter for your socket

i would supercrop them and maybe a small scrog...not sure if you could pull that off in the case depending on the size of it

these are my opinions...that is all

The closer to 5000 lumens psf of grow area,, the better,,Floras 2-3" from tops of plants,,or they will stretch on ya.;) And make sure ya get plenty fresh air in that little comp box for the plants. Plants need to be moving a little to build stalk strentgh.

Hey MCC- kube is absolutely right- I didn't notice before but you have got to get those babies in their own pots- do it quick before the roots intertwine.

When I asked about 12/8 I meant is that the day they sprouted or the day you planted the seeds?

Also, like Tess said- get a fan on those plants to develop stronger stems.

@ bbfan 12/8 is the day that they sprouted. i will also be splitting them up into there own pots.

an update, i went to the store and picked up 2 more cfls, installed those in the case, i also picked up another fan to place inside the case. there seems to be a fair amount of air moving now.

i plan on keeping the lights on 24/7 until they get a little big. i do want to keep them relativly small and bushy.

just another question, they say that once u begin to flower, the plants will double atleast in height? if this is true, how much longer do you think i will need to keep them on 24/7?

IMO flower now, and "top" or "fim" and that will help keep em bushy. The longer you keep 24/7 the longer they will not produce anything but growth...GREEN MOJO 4 ya

I just dont see how ya can finish flowering in a Computer Case.:confused:

MadCityChaos said:
Why wouldn't u be able to finish flowering in a case?

Honestly dude,,,I cant keep my overclocked processor cool sometimes because its in a computer case. Just dont see how all that plant and lights are gonna fit and keep that little case cool :confused: thats all. Hope it works,,would be cool to see that.

Yeah. I hear ya on the heat thing. It doesn't seem that the cfls I have are throwing too much heat. Plus I have a fan blowing into the case. Hope it works! I'll let you know how it turns out. Haha

i personally would only use that box for the first stages of cloning,they need alot more space than that if you want something impressionable..my 2 cents :)

Latest posts

Back