Planting in ground.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heemhoff17

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm sitting here scrolling through outdoor crop photo's and seeing how awesome these plants look...so I know these aren't planted in 5 gallon buckets and are in the ground......

So this year I have decided I am planting some clones in the ground....

Maybe one out in the field that is surrounded by red brush and maybe a few out in the corn fields....

I have absolutely no worries about people wondering and finding these...

So would you suggest I dig a huge hole for it and add my own soil?
how big?

Heemhoff17 said:

So would you suggest I dig a huge hole for it and add my own soil?
how big?

Yep. I just dig a hole about 2ft x 2ft add 1 foot of FFOF plant my plants and fill in the space around it with more good soil. From there I just treat them like normal plants. watering and feeding them when they need it.

The only difference between indoor and outdoor is that sometimes nature waters them for me.:D

If you have critters in your area I would advise you not to use soil with Fish, Blood meal or Bone meal additives or use ferts that contain these in the ground for your plant....reason being that many of fine plants have been lost to critters digging up the plant to get to the smell of those. With some searching you can find organic ferts and additives that are not going to draw in animals to the smell. Bat guano is an excellent thing to mix in your soil, plus there are sevral liguid ferts that are organic but do not stink.
Happy growing!

Heemhoff17 said:
Hello everyone!

I'm sitting here scrolling through outdoor crop photo's and seeing how awesome these plants look...so I know these aren't planted in 5 gallon buckets and are in the ground......

Last season I planted 5 NL's in 5 gal buckets and havested 36 quart mason jars of excellent bud. I grow outside in buckets so I have the convienience of mobility. If we have a big storm or a early frost I can move them indoors.

Latest posts

Back