plants look like S**t! Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytrew

Reaction score
Here is my setup:
Lights: T5 X8 fixture, Light cycle 18/6
Hydroponic flow system, watering for 15 minutes per day.
Nutes-Organic: pure blend pro, Liquid Karma, Superthrive, hormex
Temp average 76 Degrees, Water Temp Average 71
Humidity average 50%
Ionic Pro air cleaner(negative ion machine)
Ph:5.9-6.2
Seeds: Bagseed, ownknown origin

I did have a heat problem for the first 5 days, over 90, since adding an a/c unit it is now under control.
Plants have been in this new system for 7 days.
someone please help!:eek:

Pa184624.jpg

9999.jpg

Pa244637.jpg

Pa244647.jpg

Pa244645.jpg

Pa244642.jpg

Pa244639.jpg

Pa244638.jpg

Pa244648.jpg

Ditch the superthrive. Hydro growers have had trouble with that.
6.2 PH is too high.
what strength nutreint?

what should the ph be?
the nutrient strength is what the bottle says for veg.
any thoughts on the plant issue?

what should the ph be?
as far as the nute strength, i am using is what the bottle says for veg.
any thoughts on the plant issue?

5.8 is perfect.
gonna let the hydro growers chime in on exact nutrient strength. I would say that full dose would be too hot for them right at the moment.

I use the Botanicare line your using...

Go VERY light...especially the first couple weeks...on the nutes.

This is important for the first couple weeks and some ppl say just use plain ph balanced water until they get a little older.

This is my recommendation on the nute strength
It is always better to not have enough nutes then to have too many...you dont want your lil ones this early having nute lockup problems since they are small and your dont want to stress them.

Always go 70 percent of what they say..if not less. I went about 50 percent strength for the first month or so. I went with the seeding amount the bottle says until they got to a nice size..then went up to about 50 percent-70 percent
(this is the recommendation of the local hydro shop also)

Also with the ebb and flow...you should be watering 3 times a day for 15 not just once...just my two cents.

Check out my grow journal though...i am a first timer but have a pretty good amount of researching done.

Hey ytrew - your seedlings are getting pickled. I would reduce amount of nutes, and follow these guys advice on the hydro. Seedlings don't need a lot of nutes (if any) until their leaves get bigger and can handle the extra nutes.

15 minute's a day doesn't seem right to me???? maybe 15 an hour but not a day....

IMHO they are die'n of thirst:)

i think it was the nutes casuing these problems but not sure. i will backoff the nutes. well i didnt want to overwater, come watering time which is once per day for 15 minutes the rockwool is still wet. Did you see the pics?

just start with fresh water for a week then start with a mild nuet dose. if the bottle says 1 tsp per gallon use 1/2

i just did a 50% water change with just ph adjusted water and added another 15minute water cycle. now it will water twice per day, 15 minutes each. what do you think?

ytrew said:
added another 15minute water cycle. now it will water twice per day, 15 minutes each. what do you think?

bit more water yet i think:)

Use distilled water bought from the store if you can. Use a very dilluted version of your hyrdo solution for the first 2-3 weeks or growing would be my quess.

Your seedlings do look like crap but man, that is a nice camera! Great closeups.

more watering cycles or more of a water change.

Use reg water no ph change or nutes first 2 weeks man this growers are way off GL hope this helps

i just did another 50% water change with ph adjusted water, no nutes. i added another 15 minutes water cycle. now it will water twice per day, 15 minutes each. ph is now 5.8

Latest posts

Back