Plants looking not so good any help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burner420

outdoor cultivator
Reaction score
Hello everyone... I normally grow outdoors.. growing inside is new to me... After having all my outdoor stuff stolen from me I was forced to invest in an indoor set up... So I have a 4×8 grow tent I have two 630 watt lec lights only one light on in each lamp right now.... I have air in and air out plus three fans for circulation ... I used miracle grow moisture control feed for 6 months potting soil.... Then I'm thinking stupid me went and fed them twice a week for a couple weeks... Then they started looking funny.... I have stopped feeding them twice a week but nothing has changed... Any help would be appreciated thank you..
211njmx.jpg
ixclee.jpg
4vfuwi.jpg
2gwvpl2.jpg

How often are you watering?
The first pic looks like it's overwatered, with the others it's hard to tell, I would be looking into getting rid of the Miracle Grow, go with a nice guano and worm casting tea.

What strain are your plants? They look a lot like a strain we have going that's been nothing but trouble.

I would say your soil is your problem. First, you don't want any kind of moisture control soil. Cannabis likes to go through wet and dry cycles. moisture control soil holds too much moisture. Next you don't want anything that "feeds" the plant. Cannabis has specific needs--use a fertilizer formulated for cannabis. I see not mention of pH. It is important to pH your water nd nutrient solutions if you are not organic.

Like JG recommends--get rid of the Miracle Grow. It also looks like you may need bigger pots--what size are they? Use a good quality soil like Fox Farm and transplant. I like using organic amendments and making nutrient teas, but that may be more work than you want to do. There are many commercially produced nutrient lines for cannabis that work well.

I been watering them every few days.... They seem to be dry all the time... They are in 3 gallon pots... I'd like to get 7 gallon ones... No I haven't been checking the PH... I know I should have been.... I actually started my plants in foxfarm ocean something... I still have a few bags of it.... They didn't respond like they do in miracle grow.... I have some liquid ferts that came with it.... I was looking at SoHum soil organic living soil... Just water needs no ferts.... ever herd of it ?? I have one Black Domino, one sour grape cush, one green crack and two mango

What's the best way to get em out of the miracle grow soil without shocking them too bad...

Just transplant into a good organic soil. You don't have to worry about taking the old dirt off, just plant in a bigger pot.

have you flushed your soil? you may want to consider that to get the miracle grow out. the plant looks very full otherwise

i have had plants look a lot worse. as recommended, replant in some good organic soil and if you don't like to check ph(like me-i hate it. i totally screwed the pooch on a grow using chemical nutes), get some organic nutes...

Your plants don’t really look that bad but you got some good advice here...My first grow I used a super soil called “kind Soil”, don’t know if it’s still available or not but it was an easy grow and did pretty well too...you would fill the pot about halfway with the kind soil and then add some other organic(I used Roots Organic) to fill the pot and plant the seedling...then the plant grows in the organic soil and eventually it’s roots dig into the kind soil and that takes it thruthe while grow, water only...
I remember it was kinda expensive so I found another way after that...you can of course get the ingredients and make your own super soil but it requires some time and energy as it has to be mixed and then allowed to cook before use...
Well you have enough advice from these pros so I won’t blather in any longer...green mojo for you grow though!!!

Thanks for all the advice everyone... I really appreciate it.... I just ordered sohum live organic soil and 7 gallon fabric pots... Should be here in a week or so..... The soil is kind of expensive but it's water only no nutes needed.... Hope this does the trick again thanks everyone for your help

Question.. if I am over watering is it going to be worse flushing them ??

no, not in my opinion. what flushing does is to purge the soil. so if you have decided you are having a nutrient problem, purging is a good alternative. over-watering is another issue completely, but does not rule out both may be occurring in conjunction with the other.

I been watering them every few days.... They seem to be dry all the time... They are in 3 gallon pots... I'd like to get 7 gallon ones... No I haven't been checking the PH... I know I should have been.... I actually started my plants in foxfarm ocean something... I still have a few bags of it.... They didn't respond like they do in miracle grow.... I have some liquid ferts that came with it.... I was looking at SoHum soil organic living soil... Just water needs no ferts.... ever herd of it ?? I have one Black Domino, one sour grape cush, one green crack and two mango

I am a new growing and I have three gallon pot's and I water them 3/4 to 1 gallon every week with the PH at 6.9.
I think if you grow in soil you need to let the soil dry out some before watering it a again. Soil has fertilizer in it so if your adding nutrients to the plant you need to do some research to find out how much nutrient to use.
Remember I am a new grower and this is what I think.
Good Luck

As you are in soil that feeds over an extended period of time, I would be concerned about flushing. Every time you water, it releases nutrients. I have concerns that flushing will release a whole bunch of nutrients. This is one of the problems when using a soil like this--you have no control whatsoever on the release of nutrients. Unless there was a compelling reason, I don't think I would flush.

Ok... I haven't done a glush... I'm letting them dry out... I haven't watered since Sunday.... They are dry on top but still moist an inch or so down.... I'm going to wait until they are really dry before I water again... Hopefully it doesn't take long for the soil and pots to get here

Actually JG I live in Vermont
Welcome to MP, Burner.
It's nice to see another Green Mountain Boy here in these hallowed halls of marijuana information.
I had a couple plants that were in Miracle Grow before I got them, I took them out of the planters, washed the bags for future use, shook as much MG dirt off as I could and gave the roots a nice warm water flush, put them in a 50/50 coco and Fox Farms Strawberry Fields and they did beautifully.
I love F.F. products, especially their soils

Attachments

• 20190304_115719.jpg
    20190304_115719.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 47
Actually JG I been a member of MP for quite a long time just haven't been on in a long time... It is very nice to see another green mountain boy around.... Thanks man... Goddess... I haven't transplanted yet I'm waiting for the new pots and soil to get here... Should be here by next Thursday hopefully they will be ok until then....

Latest posts

Back