Plants not progressing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
i have 5 plants 2 are good looking and the other ones arent doing so great , the ph should be 5-5.9 the temp ranges alot , from 68-88 ,im using a MH conversion bulb 400 watt , im in the veg stage at like 4-5 weeks , i dont have a hydro system , i water them my self, i try not to water to much , until there getting dry but the cubes there in seem moist right now under the hydroton
any help plz... i have a HPS bulb should i just use the for both vegg and flowering

DSCN0737.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0743.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

DSCN0745.jpg

Try filling the reservoir the pots are in with water. Go to wally world(or any pet store) and get you an air pump and some airstones, put them in the water. Now water as you have been(i'd say two or three times a day) from the top. Check the ph in the reservoir daily and change the water every week. Good luck!

how can plants not be over water if there in water , i was wondering this about hydro equitment... sorry for al the noob ?s but im just want this to pull through

Well, you're using hydro grow media. If you didn't want to grow hydro soil was the way to go. In your setup as you have it, IMO, those plants are eventually going to dry out. After reading my previous post, I should have told you forget the hydroton, get some dirt and put your babies in that. You'd probably be alot more successful in dirt than growing unorthodox like I told you before. Hope this helps!

To grow hydro like you have it setup(I would guess ebb and flow would be the best way to go) you'd need another plastic container like the ones your pots are in(reservoir). You'd need a submersible pump to pump water from your reservoir to your flood tray(the container the pots are in). You'd have to drill holes in each end of your flood tray(to drain water back into your reservoir). You'd have to connect some type of tubing to the two holes that drip into the reservoir(pvc pipe or irrigation tubing). You'd need a overflow drain pipe, I think thats what it's called(pipe that sticks up in the middle of your flood tray about half the height of your tray and also drips into the reservoir), this is so your flood tray doesn't overfill. You'd need to seal all tubing and holes with silicone glue(pet store). You'd run a tube from the pump to your flood tray thats 2 or 3 inches above the overflow drain but not above the height of the flood tray. You'd need to hook the pump up to a timer. Now, you'll have to research the rest...I learned this all here! Hope this helps you(with the soil or hydro setup). Soil is alot easier and better for people just starting out IMO. Good luck!

i dont want to mess with that stuff on my first grow... should have gone soil... im going to repot them in soil this weekend , .... awsome i love buying 80 dollars worth of rocks , i have half a tub left

MrOysterhead said:
i dont want to mess with that stuff on my first grow... should have gone soil... im going to repot them in soil this weekend , .... awsome i love buying 80 dollars worth of rocks , i have half a tub left
Hey man keep that stuff. Who know's man you just might get back into it once ya get a few soil grows under your belt. We bought a hydro system about a year ago and we still have not used it. I mean we have everything but just haven't gotten to it yet. Like i said man keep your stuff because ya just never know. ;)

i know i was just kidding... ill use it maybe a a few grows in soil...

Latest posts

Back