please help w/ indoor growing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant do that to your parents.
I dont condone doing it to them.
But since Im in the same boat as powerplanter there with the wife. Anyone try those fresh2 bulbs that break down odor?

Remember this girl I dated 50 years ago. I was a raging pothead, she didnt smoke, actually hated it. So was asked to act strait when around her parents so they wouldnt get any clue I was. Then one day when heading to her room, I walk past her parents bedroom and they had the door open to their closet and saw 4 plants in there. I had no freakin clue, couldnt smell them, couldnt anything. Was shocked, still dont know how they did it.

But they owned the house, so could do as they please. I own mine, Im just not the boss is all :( . For you, no. Not worth it.

tjmaryj said:
lol it seems as if almost everyone has the same opinions, but lass chance im not a minor so would my parents still get in trouble also if i did happen to get caught by the law? like if they didnt know about it wouldnt i be able to take all the blame?

Dont take that the wrond way i am totally made up on not growing in my parents house, im just trying to grasp the legal side of it too.... ;)

Listen to an old and stupid hippy guy. For what you'd need to invest monetarily and time-wise, you could go buy some decent herb for summer vacation. JMO--but don't get your parents involved in your sins, no matter how old you become. Please. ;)

Hick said:
And to my understanding, mj cultivation carries a "very" sever penalty in your country crozar.
I'm saddly disapointed. I thought you were a "good" guy. My opinion has just drastically changed.
I can't believe the selfishness shown by some of this younger generation. It's disgusting.
Placing your parents or other family members in harms way. in order to satisfy "your" own petty desires in "unacceptable".
They are at risk of loosing their home, their freedom, their integrity. Any siblings would likely be placed in foster care, or other governmant care.

These are the people that have nurtured you, provided for you, put a roof over your head, and food in your self righteous belly. The vry ppl that you are suppose to "love" and cherish..."family"..And you are literally "throwing them UNDER the bus."

im sorry to hear that from you , i do what i do is not concerning fear of parents or law , its to do with respect , i respect law and my parents , with the priority , i have lived in other countries where i practiced mj , so when the start of that puff made my fix i saw myself balanced or if not if it wasnt meant to be i may not smoke or not know , but this occured , no arguement sorry this happened its their if i dont grow ill buy or just smoke some Nair hair remover they give you a buzz for an hour and half , this sounds like im being a freak addict , but im in showers of pain , i might aswell be in the Medical MJ section but im more then just medical the expression stands as the half clutch , when you race your car do you press the clutch at full or you flick it for a faster gear change , thats the way the weekend ends , you either get your gear box down or you have it tuned to the next level , im going for the race . ;) peace

tjmaryj said:
lol it seems as if almost everyone has the same opinions, but lass chance im not a minor so would my parents still get in trouble also if i did happen to get caught by the law? like if they didnt know about it wouldnt i be able to take all the blame?

Dont take that the wrond way i am totally made up on not growing in my parents house, im just trying to grasp the legal side of it too.... ;)

Cus it's their f'n property, that's why. You have no legal rights in/to/for their property... jeez...

Glad you bailed on this silly idea though :)

whoa chill man i was just asking curious questions i had...no need to get mad. haha and thanks. lol

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm sorry, but this is just bad advise--you have obviously missed the point. Keeping things stealth is not the issue. The issue is putting his parents home and freedom at jeopardy. It is just wrong!

Absolitely. This is an example of one (pardon the expression), "kid" gibing bad advice to another "kid".

You've been LUCKY so far. Luck comes and goes, and you have to weigh possible good outcomes against possible VERY bad outcomes. If you think growing a few ounces of weed compared to your parents losing their home is a fifty-fifty thing, you need to re-think it.

This is the stuff that gives parents nightmares and ulcers.

lol very true lass chance, the reward/conseqence payoff is not very fair.

so i have a question for you guys who grow, if you were to grow maybe 2-4 plants in a closet setup how bad would the smell get? like would it trvel out into the halss and other rooms?

just curious for when i do start, because i will wait til i have my own place but none the less id rather not have my house reak like weed. :)

or is that just something you will need to expect if your going to grow?

crozar said:
you will not have odor problems if you buy a good carbon filter ,
a good one and a strong exaust pulling it out but remember to have a hooked box so the air dont go out quickly but will take time to go out and will have 9% of smell maybe from a 99% odor , always go to the Asian world ;) they use nice smokes which makes the room smell nice all day , its a kind of wood you burn and produces a nice smoke for about 2 hours and a half , get a bunch and work yourself out for the last 11 days of excessive odor
i'd do that for my sake of stealth
save your pocket money and this will happen in a few years when you've moved out

tjmaryj said:

so i have a question for you guys who grow, if you were to grow maybe 2-4 plants in a closet setup how bad would the smell get? like would it trvel out into the halss and other rooms?

just curious for when i do start, because i will wait til i have my own place but none the less id rather not have my house reak like weed. :)

Good your gonna wait.
I was wondering what beans to order that have little smell myself. Know I cant grow any skunks thats forsure. (skunk is what I wanted too. :()
Like flowers, has to be a couple out there virtually odorless. Cant all be roses.

crozar said:
im sorry to hear that from you , i do what i do is not concerning fear of parents or law , its to do with respect , i respect law and my parents , with the priority , i have lived in other countries where i practiced mj , so when the start of that puff made my fix i saw myself balanced or if not if it wasnt meant to be i may not smoke or not know , but this occured , no arguement sorry this happened its their if i dont grow ill buy or just smoke some Nair hair remover they give you a buzz for an hour and half , this sounds like im being a freak addict , but im in showers of pain , i might aswell be in the Medical MJ section but im more then just medical the expression stands as the half clutch , when you race your car do you press the clutch at full or you flick it for a faster gear change , thats the way the weekend ends , you either get your gear box down or you have it tuned to the next level , im going for the race . ;) peace

Wow Crozar. This is all for some smoke. I dont care where you live there is always good MJ around. If you still dont see how you are putting your family in jepordy I dont know if you will ever learn. The people that are telling its a bad Idea have been Growing MJ for as many years as you have been on this earth. LOL well LIVE AND LEARN.

Even if you found somewhere to grow outdoors away from your house You would save your parent a world of trouble, Even if theres just a chance you will get caught. Believe ME nothing is full proof.

spear chucker, i agree there has to be some that dont have as much odor, but im also thinking that any strain grown will have some type of smell.

Im not sure, but maybe some of the strawberry strains or other starins would smell more fruity though and not as much like theskunk smell or ganj. haha anyone who has grown a lot of different types have any opinions?

tjmaryj said:
spear chucker, i agree there has to be some that dont have as much odor, but im also thinking that any strain grown will have some type of smell.

Im not sure, but maybe some of the strawberry strains or other starins would smell more fruity though and not as much like theskunk smell or ganj. haha anyone who has grown a lot of different types have any opinions?

Weed is weed. It all smells like weed. Your not gonna find some fruity strain that make your parents you just really like strawberries LOL :) JUST GROW OUTDOORS IF ANYWHERE AND READ READ READ or you might go to jail

tjmaryj said:

Why don't you come back and ask the question when you've got your own place. My parent radar is going off: okay, I won't grow in my parents house--but if I did theoretically, what theoretical strains wouldn't smell if I did just happen to grow a little theoretical pot. Come on.

Maybe your problem is that you think grown-ups are all dumb asses.

i already said im not going to grow in my parents house.

so until then i get my own place im just trying to research and get all the information i can so when i do start i will know a lot more. knowledge is the key with most things.

maybe your problem is that you think all younger kids are dumb asses.

just sayin..

tjmaryj said:
so until then i get my own place im just trying to research and get all the information i can so when i do start i will know a lot more. knowledge is the key with most things.

I suggest growing some vegetables/herbs. A little experience under the belt is always useful. It's a great hobby too :eek:

tjmaryj said:
i already said im not going to grow in my parents house.

maybe your problem is that you think all younger kids are dumb asses.

just sayin..

No, not all. Good luck.:D

Edit: And also good luck to your parents.

tjmaryj said:

Your not being a minor would help. But not until AFTER everybody goes to jail. And AFTER the neighbors see mom, dad and you all led away in handcuffs. Once you ALL get to the police station there is a CHANCE you could convince the cops they didnt know anything.But in court, the fact is THEY own the house the illegal substance was grown in and are still, therefore "guilty" technically. But whether or not ehey are FOUND guilty, they will still have spent 24-48 hours in jail, not pleasant, and still have the humiliation of being on the local news and still have the enormous legal expenses incurred any time you need a lawyer.

Im glad you've changed your mind. That shows some maturity. You had an idea, you asked, you listened to the answers and you made a new, informed decision. The other joker who keeps saying, "LOL!" and is NOT listening...is a sad case of a very young, very dumb, very selfish kid...oh well. There's two ways to learn anything--the easy one and the hard one. Im glad you picked the easy way.

I went to jail for 28 days when I was your age, for "possession of dangerous drugs and paraphanalia"...a bag oof weed and a pack or papers. Two years probation for a first offense. Of course that was a LONG time ago, but 28 days in jail is still 28 days in jail, if you cant make bail.The first week I didnt even get to take a shower and the cell I was in had bad plumbing and there was an inch of pee-water from the toilet on the floor. Baloney sandwiches for breakfast and dinner, no lunch at all. it was the PITS, I promise and I dont want to see you in such a sitch. It sucks.

Lass

I'm unsubscribing to your pitiful thread. I think you are a fairly un-deft little liar and you will absolutely try to grow behind your parents' back. The fact that people here keep giving you advice,even though it's absolutely clear you're still attempting to get the answers to do so, disappoints the hell outta me.

I'm certainly not a big deal around here, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna put up with smart-*** punks, and I'll certainly be damned if I'm gonna help anyone send their folks to the hoosgow. Bottom line, if this keeps up, I'll be immeditely historical to this forum.

And, no, I surely don't think all young people are dumb-asses, but I have no doubts you are--you're not even a good liar. See you in the holding cell.

PencilHead said:
I'm unsubscribing to your pitiful thread. I think you are a fairly un-deft little liar and you will absolutely try to grow behind your parents' back. The fact that people here keep giving you advice,even though it's absolutely clear you're still attempting to get the answers to do so, disappoints the hell outta me.

I'm certainly not a big deal around here, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna put up with smart-*** punks, and I'll certainly be damned if I'm gonna help anyone send their folks to the hoosgow. Bottom line, if this keeps up, I'll be immeditely historical to this forum.

And, no, I surely don't think all young people are dumb-asses, but I have no doubts you are--you're not even a good liar. See you in the holding cell.

whoa man you really need to relax.

im asking one queston about the topic and now you know its "so absolutily clear" im lying...since when did you become a human lie detector. expecially over an online forum.

also i dont appreciate you calling me a dumb ***, saying im a bad liar when im not even lyng haha maybe youre the dumb ***. i wouldnt be suprised if i am smarter then you...and im only 19...with much more time for knowledge.

one other thing...why would you threaten to leave the forum? its here for people that want to use it and no one ever said you have to join, and with such negative posts you prolly wouldnt be a huge loss.

so my advice is to calm down a bit and dont jump to conclusions so fast.

....but what do i know, im just some dumb *** kid... ;)

Latest posts

Back