Plz Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekat_420

Reaction score
Hi all I really hope you can help me out. Ok here is my set up. air cooled 400 w HPS 18 hrs on, 20 inches away from canopy in 13gal DWC tubs with 2 air stones per tub. The strain is unknown but have grown it before with few problems, nothing like this, it is about 3 weeks from clone. temp with lights on gets to 82 f, lights off is it is about 72 humidty is low at 30%. nutes are at 800ppm GH flora series 3-2-1 with 1/4 tsp of epsom salts per gal and 1 tbsp of superthrive. PH is at 5.7. ladies are in 4 inch net pots with the water level about 1 inch below bottom of pot. The water temp is 71F. The leaves are stunted and shrivled up looking really bad, slow to no growth. Also now have a black scum starting to form on the roots. I cant figure it out and now my mother is starting to do the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am working on posting some pics but gotta find a good place to up load them to.

thekat_420 said:
Hi all I really hope you can help me out. Ok here is my set up. air cooled 400 w HPS 18 hrs on, 20 inches away from canopy in 13gal DWC tubs with 2 air stones per tub. The strain is unknown but have grown it before with few problems, nothing like this, it is about 3 weeks from clone. temp with lights on gets to 82 f, lights off is it is about 72 humidty is low at 30%. nutes are at 800ppm GH flora series 3-2-1 with 1/4 tsp of epsom salts per gal and 1 tbsp of superthrive. PH is at 5.7. ladies are in 4 inch net pots with the water level about 1 inch below bottom of pot. The water temp is 71F. The leaves are stunted and shrivled up looking really bad, slow to no growth. Also now have a black scum starting to form on the roots. I cant figure it out and now my mother is starting to do the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am working on posting some pics but gotta find a good place to up load them to.

We ask that you post pictures directly to this site and not use a photo hosting site.

I would like to see pictures, but IMO, 800 PPM is far to high for 3 week old clones. I think you have nute burn (among other things). I would also let the pH drift from about 5.5 to about 6.0. I have no idea about the black scummy root thing, but that sounds serious.

I would recommend flushing and trying to gently hose the scum off the roots. then put into plain pH's water. Make sure that you have plenty of bubbles in your res.

Ok here are the pics I hope this works right. These are the best I can take. hope they are good enough to see

100_0359.JPG

100_0360.JPG

100_0363.JPG

Sorry that I cannot help you on the root thing--it looks bad. My first guess would be not enough air in the res or high res temps (but you do not have that). Thoroughly clean the res and use distilled or RO pH'd water with no nutes. Do a search on adding H2O2 to your res water. This can help with root problems. I would lower your res level so that your roots are about 1/2 in and 1/2 out of the water. Rinse the roots before you put them back into the res with the new clean water. The plant itself does not really look that bad, but I do think you have nute burn. So, no nutes for a while.

Thx Hemp Goddess I will try what you said. I wonder if the black stuff might have something to do with the super thrive. Its the first time I have used it and the first time i have seen the slime in my rez. Well I guess it is straight PHed water for a few days then. As far as not enough air in my rez, the water is bubbling up so much it looks like it is boiling so hopefully that isnt it.

Latest posts

Back