Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . and people who are wrongly jailed because their civil rights have been violated sue - and win !!

ozzydiodude said:
Judge break/misinterpret laws everyday in the US. If they did not then there would be no use of Appeal courts. It's not the fault of the voters if their forfather who wrote the laws that judges cant be elected in or out.

It truly is, get a law repealed. I'm not saying the voters are at fault for the law in place, they're at fault for LEAVING the law in place.

it's not repealing a law, its appealing decisions that fly in the face of the Constitution !! The only fault on the people is for not asserting their Constitutional rights !! Judges who have too many cases overturned on appeal can be made to disappear, especially if their misguided rulings result in a few expensive judgements or settlements to the plaintiffs . . .

The thing is that we do not vote on what laws are passed and what laws are not. Senators and Congressmen write the laws then judges interperet in their view of the law.

ozzy, we're not talking about state laws here, we're talking about the US Constitution, which is immutable in every state in the country, unless two thirds of the US Congress votes to amend it !!

ozzydiodude said:
The thing is that we do not vote on what laws are passed and what laws are not. Senators and Congressmen write the laws then judges interperet in their view of the law.

We had our MMJ law put on the books through voter initiative, which can be done with any law. You have to do some work (get signatures and such), but it is done and can be done.

Dan K. Liberty said:
it's not repealing a law, its appealing decisions that fly in the face of the Constitution !! The only fault on the people is for not asserting their Constitutional rights !! Judges who have too many cases overturned on appeal can be made to disappear, especially if their misguided rulings result in a few expensive judgements or settlements to the plaintiffs . . .

If the law allows a judge to take peoples' rights from them, then the law needs repealed, it is about repealing the law and taking back your rights! This is a state law issue which should be dealt with...and is kind of apart from the actual topic on hand.

If you do not understand and assert your rights under the Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution, then you are helping LEO to subvert it. Just watch any episode of "Cops" . . . it's an epidemic that needs healing

No cop or judge in Texas, or anywhere else, is allowed to violate it without recourse

hold on Roddy . . . there's no law in Texas, or anywhere else, that makes it legal for LEO to violate your rights under the Fourth Amendment. Such a law, if passed somewhere, would be found "unconstitutional"

It is NOT a state law issue, it is a federal, CONSTITUTIONAL issue

Dan K. Liberty said:
hold on Roddy . . . there's no law in Texas, or anywhere else, that makes it legal for LEO to violate your rights under the Fourth Amendment. Such a law, if passed somewhere, would be found "unconstitutional"

It is NOT a state law issue, it is a federal, CONSTITUTIONAL issue

If the judges are able to break the law (deny your rights) without recourse of ability to remove them with election, that law allows the judge to break the law....imho, and needs repealed. That's what I'm saying here. Apparently, in Texas, such a law exists, and that IS a state issue.

Sorry, Roddy - but there is NO law in Texas, or anywhere else in the US, which allows judges to subvert or disregard the Fourth Amendment. There is no need to repeal any state law . . . people are just not standing up for their rights . . . this is on topic and on point !! As we all well oughta know, federal law trumps any state law, and the Constitution trumps everything !!

If the judge issues rulings in violation of the Fourth Amendment, is subsequently challenged, and loses at the appellate level - that judge will either reconsider their "jurisprudence", or they will be gone. Yes, many state/federal-level judges are appointed rather than elected, especially once you get beyond the circuit court level, but they can be forced out. It has happened (and it might be happening in the Ninth Circuit right now).

Nobody can violate your Constitutional rights without recourse - unless you fail to seek recourse !!

Roddy, I know this is asking alot, but maybe you should consider reading more and posting less in cases where you don't know what you're talking about !! As you've said, you're legal and not worried, so why don't you stop trying to give others legal advice ?? Thanks !!

jm2c :48:

Dan, please go back to post 33 and read forward, this explains what I am discussing. This post #35 Except Judges have to step down, you can not vote them out of office. It takes an act of god almost to get rid of a Judge once they are there. says the laws allow the judge to do what they please without worry of being voted out...

Or am I missing something?

You are missing something . . . as you've said, you are legal and not worried, so please stop trying to give other people legal advice, bud !!!

You oughta start reading more and posting less

No offence but I think your confused Dan, you are saying the same thing as Roddy.

Dan K. Liberty said:
You are missing something . . . as you've said, you are legal and not worried, so please stop trying to give other people legal advice, bud !!!

Not sure why so confrontational, this is a friendly convo....

Dan K. Liberty said:

Can you explain what I've missed?

Roddy said:
If the law allows a judge to take peoples' rights from them, then the law needs repealed, it is about repealing the law and taking back your rights! This is a state law issue which should be dealt with...and is kind of apart from the actual topic on hand.

No, dman - he is soooooooooooo wrong, and on a different planet than me . . . he doesn't belong in this thread - as he is legal, and has no knowledge of which he portends to speak !!

much respect to you, though

Care to back any of your words or are you merely playing more games. I hope you can stop derailing and let this thread be as it is a friendly convo with great info for learning...by you as well as myself, apparently.

And sir, I'm waiting for backing of what you spout, until then, I will dismiss your posts from my concerns to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back