Poll: When do you start day 1 flower? 12/12 or first pistil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When do you count day one of flower?

• When you switch to 12/12

• When you see your first pistil after switching to 12/12

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sexologist420

Sexologist since age 13
Reaction score
Hey. This is a subject that has been bugging me for awhile. When do you count the first day of flower? is it when you switch to 12/12 or when you see the first pistil? For example if a strain calls for a 55-60 day flowering period do you start the 55 days from 12/12 or first pistil? I know overall it is just a guideline and you harvest when your girl's trichs tell you to.

Thx,
pce

I counted when i flipped the lights too... outdoor would be difference ofcourse because the light doesnt switch as fast... i stick with my vote :D :aok:

I voted..but this is a silly poll:giggle:...flower starts when light cycle is changed to 12/12:rofl::bolt::bong:

Thx yall for your input. I don't think it is silly...as alot of people consider first pistil to be day 1 of flower. Obviously ultimatly it is when the trichs tell you its ready that is the deciding factor. This is just a curiousity.

pce

sorry..did not meen to offend..but its in my MJ books..but some on the internet would like to phase there way..I supose to each his own..thanks for growing:ciao:

you know, my first pistil showed about 3-5 days after i switched the light... so i mean the difference in most cases wouldnt be big anyway, unless outdoors...

I have always asumed that when flipped to 12/12 is when you start to count it as Flowering...take care..

you know i have been wondering the same thing it took over two weeks to see pistils on my plants and i've going on in my head ok i have about 6 weeks left or is it 8 or what ya know i'm glad to see the responces i have about 5 or so weeks on that schedual itll i start to check the trichs thankyou sex btw pretty dog

6/21/2009 for us sun and dirt growers in the northern hemisphere would be the first day of flowering......i diddn't vote.

Latest posts

Back