Pollenated females... keep and harvest or dump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodofGraphics

Reaction score
Yesterday a couple of bagseed plants hermied in their 6th week of flower.
Before I knew what happened, I noticed the pollen.

I had just put in 4 plants within the same flower room about 7 days prior.
Yes, little pistil hairs already showing.
You gessed it... pollen all over equals pregnant plants.

I destroyed the evil bag seed monsters... could have had about 4 ounces from each! Nice plants.

Question: when would I harvest a male plant? Do they form tricomes?
Question: Should I just pull them, kill them and sacraficed them to the gods of Kush?

Can I cut off every bud site and let the plants rejuvenate? Does that work?

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Ill say it one more time... Or maybe you just havent seen the responses to your other posts....

Take clones from all the pollenated plants and reveg them... Then you will have several new unpollentated plants to work with...

AND START READING STICKY'S....

Yes, I have a grow room... 8' tall, 3' wide and 6 foot long, completely light tight and air tight. I run a furnace blower with two 8" exhaust ports and 4 6" intake ports at the ground lever... air is exited at the top of the booth. All flat white paint inside, caulked, sealed. No light, no air passes without my OK. Running dual 400 HPS and GH nutes in soil.

I didn' read or see any of the other posts about cloning... I didn't know you can clone off a plant that's been in flower for a week? Cool... I'll start on it today... and if it kills the plant, oh well.

You are positive I will get normal clones, no hermied clones? Especially if
I take a cutting without a flower... correct?

Thansk
Matt

take as many clones as you can.... they will have to reveg for a couple weeks but they will stop flowering and will grow.... They may shoot single blade leafs to begin thats fine just let the clones do their thing... your not very far into flowering so i cant see any problems...

Ive cloned plants 6+ weeks into flowering just to keep a specific pheno of a strain...

GodofGraphics said:
Yesterday a couple of bagseed plants hermied in their 6th week of flower.
Before I knew what happened, I noticed the pollen.

I had just put in 4 plants within the same flower room about 7 days prior.
Yes, little pistil hairs already showing.
You gessed it... pollen all over equals pregnant plants.

I destroyed the evil bag seed monsters... could have had about 4 ounces from each! Nice plants.

Question: when would I harvest a male plant? Do they form tricomes?
Question: Should I just pull them, kill them and sacraficed them to the gods of Kush?

Can I cut off every bud site and let the plants rejuvenate? Does that work?

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Are we talking about male plants or hermies?

Male plants do not forms trichs. They are good for pollen only. If you do not want to create seeds, take males out of the garden as soon as they show themselves.

I would destroy them.

No, you cannot cut off every bud site and let the plant rejuvenate. Plants can be revegged, but you need to leave a fair amount of bud on the plant, it doesn't always work, and it takes quite a long time.

Latest posts

Back