Pollenating?? How long does the male stay in the room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsix7one

Reaction score
Hey everybody..still vegging my bluberrys and they decided to show me their sex..so i got 8 female bb and two female mazar/afghan and two male bb.was thinking of pollenating with one of my bluebery males so i could get some seeds and at the same time cross blueberry with the mazar/afghan..how long do i leave the male in the room to pollenate

If you leave him in the room your whole crop will become seed. Take them out of the room(the males) and let them flower in another location and collect the pollen from the plant. Just place some newspaper under the plant and let the pollen fall. Then (this is what I done) bring out a female and place a plastic bag over a selected bud site and mist the rest of the plant. Remove plastic from the dry bud site and use a small paint brush and paint the collected pollen onto your bud site. Let it sit for about an hour or so and then slightly mist that budsite so the pollen does'nt affect your other plants(water will kill polen thats why you need to wait before misting). This way you grow 1 seeded budsite and the rest will be unseeded bud. You will get allot of seed from just 1 budsite if you use enough pollen...take care..

Take this with a grain of salt because I have not ever pollinated anything..

I would not leave the males in the room with all your females. There are guides on this site to harvesting pollen from males and then selectively pollinating a few branches of the plant you want to pollinate. This will provide you with high quality smoke off the stuff that wasn't pollinated while allowing you to still harvest seeds from the branches you pollinate. I will see if I can find the thread when I have a minute.

Latest posts

Back