Possible problem w/ bulb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyslexic

Reaction score
I bought a 400w HPS set up from HTG and its been working wonderfully till yesterday. I noticed it was having trouble firing up so I just turned the light off and put my plants in direct sunlight for a bit. Today I'm trying to diagnose the problem and the damn light won't even turn on, its trying to fire up but its in the trying to zap itself on phase for the last 29 minutes with no avail... The bulb appears to be fine (all filaments intact) the ballast is making the usual transformer sounds, there have been no power outages recently... Am i just destined to be a slave to market prices or has anyone else ran into a similar issue that could shed some light on this (no pun intended)

Easy way to tell is run to lowes or home depot and grab another bulb and see if that one works.

That's what I'd say also. Sounds like your bulb might be shot. I've had that same thing happen to me as well. The bulb looks like it wants to fire, but just wont do it.

Get a new bulb and all should be well! :lama:

Latest posts

Back