Post Germinating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trueshoe

Reaction score
I just had a few questions about post germinating that I wanted to get opinions on.

After you germinate how deep do you plant the sprouts?... I germinated for 4 days so some of my sprouts had started to grow green leaves at the tips if they were green I was leaving them above the soil, if they weren't I was putting a thin layer of soil over them. What is really the best way to go about this?

Also how much water to give each sproutling?... I gave them quite a bit as I didn't plan on going back there for at least another week, as well as it wasn't going to rain for a few days.

Should you pack the dirt in tight around the saplings or should you leave it in loose dirt?

How far apart do you think each plant should be spaced to later prevent crowding?

What do you guys think is best?

about 1/4" deep, spread about 2 or 3 foot apart , slightly packed but not to tight just enough to make soil contact root. When seedling not much water they are easy to overwater being that young you just want to keep their soil moist not wet...take care..

Latest posts

Back