Potting soil? or....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omnigr33n

I'm a damn monkey.
Reaction score
Im using miracle grow moisture control potting soil for my plants. Can I use this type os soil for my plants or should I be thinking about getting another form like fox farm?

Yes, moisture control is about the hardest stuff to grow with. Even regular MG soil is easier.

I remember buying some product of soil from MG and the damb soil would not absorb water! The water would just bead off of it, like that magic sand that was sold as a toy when I was a kid. I'm kind of old so some of you probably don't remember it, but the point is that this was the most useless soil I have ever seen! I couldn't beleive they could sell a product like that as it was useless. I don't remember the exact product name but wthe name you mentioned seems to ring a bell. Just a warning - good luck!

TGT

Well I dont know. They are growing pretty good I think. Nothing wrong with the leaves. They seem really healthy. If dark green is healthy? lol. I did notice how when I water the soil on the top doesnt absorb very well. However, it stills on the top evenly and then is absorbed evenly as the water level falls. I can post some pictures of my little gals if you guys want to see.

I've had tons of success with pre fertilized potting soils like MG, Schultz, Fertilome, etc. You just have to know how to use them.

An easy strategy I liked to employ was using MG for veg and running all the chemical ferts out of it with plain water feedings (2-3 weeks). Then I would transplant to a non fertilized soil like Pro-Mix for more accurate feedings, since MG does not have an ideal flowering food in its standard mix. With both soils not fertilized it was easy to use a veg or flowering formula with no worries about double dosing.

Good luck

Smokin

Latest posts

Back