Powder mildew.... again...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JMO, but spraying is a temp fix, its in your room and will be back next grow probably, also be aware if you cut clones off plants in veg, and they showed pm in flower, your clones will almost certainly get pm in flower also, sulphur burn is a safe way to make sure you pm doesnt show up when its to late, ie week 7-8 of flower.

Wetdog said:
Seems like there was someone here who used a burner just before harvest and said there were no taste issues.

I really don't remember, and the thread got lost in the crash. So, ????

Wet
ok, I'll do it... I've heard the same... keep u posted

kaotik said:
where did the duct tape issue come up, and why is it bad? :confused2:
serenade is organic and supposed to eat molds/mildews, but i find it lacking. (but it could be the product you were thinking)

i'm also battling PM, thatgirl.
i'm not as harsh as the others though, i'll battle it untill it starts getting onto the smaller bud leafs, then i'll throw in the towel and chop early before it get's onto the buds.
and i will smoke my buds. because like i said, i chop it before it gets everywhere.

heard/seen people spray their plant down with high ph water before crop, supposed to kill it (or a skim milk + water mix)
..i've never attempted or thought much of either of those myself though.
can i cut some of it and let the rest go for a while?

that's what i do.. it only buys you a bit of time. but hey, it gets your pot closer to being finished.

i'm not telling you to do that though.. not without seeing how bad your problem is. but for me, i try my best to keep it off the buds by wiping it off/taking leafs off to try to get me farther.
that said, i am still dead against smoking it.

as long as it stays on an area that i'll be cropping off anyway, i'll stick with pulling leaves/wiping. when it starts getting close to what i'll smoke, i pull the plug.

i have a question myself about a technique i've read, but have been timid to try, if any others have experience..
i'm close, need about 2 weeks, but it's starting to get to my breaking point. i can continue to pull leaves and wipe, but i wont get much past this week i'm betting.
the serenade concentrate did nothing for me :(

the high ph water trick; does it mess with the plant? i always thought a high ph foliar spray would cause damage to the plant, so never tried it.
thought it may be detrimental to quality too.
any input?

kaotik said:
that's what i do.. it only buys you a bit of time. but hey, it gets your pot closer to being finished.

i'm not telling you to do that though.. not without seeing how bad your problem is. but for me, i try my best to keep it off the buds by wiping it off/taking leafs off to try to get me farther.
that said, i am still dead against smoking it.

as long as it stays on an area that i'll be cropping off anyway, i'll stick with pulling leaves/wiping. when it starts getting close to what i'll smoke, i pull the plug.

i have a question myself about a technique i've read, but have been timid to try, if any others have experience..
i'm close, need about 2 weeks, but it's starting to get to my breaking point. i can continue to pull leaves and wipe, but i wont get much past this week i'm betting.
the serenade concentrate did nothing for me :(

the high ph water trick; does it mess with the plant? i always thought a high ph foliar spray would cause damage to the plant, so never tried it.
thought it may be detrimental to quality too.
any input?
u prob would b better of posting it on the forum,i have the least experience around here.:)
the PM Wash i was using for a couple of days ,(that totally messed up the leafs) has a pH of 3(!)
i'm using a sulfur burner will keep posted on the results

Ive had very good results using serenade. You might could mix a weak solution of it to spray right before lights off and spray your plant trying to get more on the leaves than the buds. After battling with pm, we now use it starting pretty young as a preventative for it...and since we started doing this, no more pm. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back