pre filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
I took my carbon filter out of the tent today because I have to turn it around for my new setup. When I took it down I noticed how dirty the pre-filter was, so I started to take it off and soon realized I had opened a bucket of worms. It was very difficult to remove, so I just took out my little shop vacuum and gave it a once over with that. It looks a lot cleaner now. Do you think its cool now for another session, or should I bite the bullet and take it off entirely and clean it with water? I saw a thread in here where someone reminded someone else not to forget to clean their pre-filter. Any opinion?

Peace

I vacuumed mine and it is good to go for another season and it works great as I have some big girls in flower and there is no smell.

That is my 2 cents Hemper.

I wash mine every year...and change the carbon as well..I run a Mountain Air scrubber

I change the Pre Filter every click. I use "batting" material from a local fabric store, which is much cheaper then buying new pre filters made by the filter companies.

OK,OK, "I" really don't, but my Wifey does. She likes to sew, so she knew of the material from the fabric stores, and it is pretty much the same as the pre filter material.

That is a great tip Hal, and I am going to do that next time.

It seemed to clean up nicely with just the vacuuming, and I'm thinking, even if I have to buy a new one, it will be a whole lot less expensive than getting married again. LOL

Peace

I use what NCH uses:aok:

Real cheap, works great.

Latest posts

Back