Prepping for first grow! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My list includes the tent,
just add seeds and dirt Im sure its about 850 total shipped.

mine too mine too :hubba:

sorry for the mix up this is actually included in the price, i didnt realize this item was on page 2.

honestly there are prolly several avaliable options to go with.

3.jpg

I know folks seem to fear eBay tents but I have three that still work great. Probably shave 80 bucks off the tent price with a non name brand. Honestly that's a pretty good price for that tent short showed...so 80 bucks more might be worth it.

Growdude said:
My list includes the tent,
just add seeds and dirt Im sure its about 850 total shipped.

Yep, your setup was $731 shipped. Just add seeds and dirt.

Shortbus, your setup was comparable. Ok good, so it's possible to do what I need for $850 "round trip" (seeds etc)

Going to collect these funds, and consider options... and make some purchases. I'm hoping that this place that is 1 hour from me will get a setup that is comparable for around the price, so I don't have to deal with shipping too many items here.

ps I love my ipower 600w light setup shortbus showed you...great buy!

shortbus is almost there and at 633.00. but youll still need grow tent 48x24x60 115.00, ggod seeds 50.00, cloning gel 15.00, 10 pk 5 gal grow bags 5.00, T5 2' 4 light flouro veg light 120.00 and propagation tray w/humidity dome 10.00. puts you at 948 for everything youll need. if only you could scrounge up 100 more dollars!

if you do it right youll be making all that money back in 6 months! plus have some smoke so you no longer need to buy it!

T5 2' 4 light flouro veg light 120.00...

....if only you could scrounge up 100 more dollars!

I'm pretty sure I have a 3 or 4 foot light fixture that will fit T5 bulbs. I have a bunch of florescent light fixtures already! :) For vegging stage.

I probably should have said something about having a 4 bulb fixture and 3 two bulb fixtures.. so I'll use the 4 bulb fixture with T5's for flowering ya? Besides that, I need absolutely everything.

EllisD said:
I probably should have said something about having a 4 bulb fixture and 3 two bulb fixtures.. so I'll use the 4 bulb fixture with T5's for flowering ya? Besides that, I need absolutely everything.

I doubt it. You need a T5 fixture for T5 bulbs.

Oh really THG? Looked like the same type of connection for bulbs. :(

So you know you, you dont have to have a T5 for vegg.
You can go start to finish with HPS or MH.

I was going to do MH for veg in tent then switch bulb to HPS for flower this grow. I would like a T5 setup soon shortly after. I figure since this is my first grow the separate station for vegging wasn't needed.

Cheers Growdude. Thank you for taking some time here my friend! :)

EllisD said:
I was going to do MH for veg in tent then switch bulb to HPS for flower this grow. I would like a T5 setup soon shortly after. I figure since this is my first grow the separate station for vegging wasn't needed.

Cheers Growdude. Thank you for taking some time here my friend! :)

yeah first time around its not really needed. but if your going to be cutting clones then you need to have the veg room done before the first crop is finished. i usually take my clones a week after the flip. mostly b/c the levels of N in my nutrient solution have gone way down by that time. 1-4 weeks for the cutting to take root. then you still have 4-8 more weeks depending on strain till you can move the new clones into the flowering room. if its alrwady full. so you will have quite some time where you will need to have a place to veg out the new cuttings

EllisD said:
Oh really THG? Looked like the same type of connection for bulbs. :(

I'm pretty sure that T5 tubes take a T5 fixture, T8s take a T8 fixture and T12s take a T12 fixture. I know that I cannot put T5s into the T12 fixtures I have. The T5 bulbs are 5/8" in diameter and the pins are about 3/16" apart

They deffinatly or different fixtures and different amps for different bulbs. Another words :yeahthat:

Thanks all for your words of amazing wisdom!

Situation I'm dealing with now, is I wanted to purchase these items in my state... but no place will even come close to the price I'm getting, and I'm being told "buy cheap from the internet and you'll be sorry" .. but the products I'm cross referencing here are spoken decently highly of. So obviously they are just trying to blow smoke up my ***.

I just didn't want to deal with deliveries and also .. IF I absolutely had to, I wanted everything to come all at once (hence why I liked that complete package deal so much)

So amazing that these stores don't want to come down a little on their prices to make an $850 sale.

EllisD said:
Thanks all for your words of amazing wisdom!

Situation I'm dealing with now, is I wanted to purchase these items in my state... but no place will even come close to the price I'm getting, and I'm being told "buy cheap from the internet and you'll be sorry" .. but the products I'm cross referencing here are spoken decently highly of. So obviously they are just trying to blow smoke up my ***.

I just didn't want to deal with deliveries and also .. IF I absolutely had to, I wanted everything to come all at once (hence why I liked that complete package deal so much)

So amazing that these stores don't want to come down a little on their prices to make an $850 sale.

yeah i've noticed this as well. haggling has become a thing of the past in the retail market.

Latest posts

Back