Problem I cannot solve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mintminty59

Reaction score
Hello there 1st off thanks for taking a look at my problem

I have attached pictures the PH appears to be between 6 and 7.
Im welcome to any suggestions you may have.

I have tried to use NPK solution without vail.

DSCF2718.JPG

DSCF2719.JPG

DSCF2720.JPG

DSCF2721.JPG

What nutes are you using and whats your set up like? How close are the lights, temp, air, brand names, what kind of soil and whats the age and light cycle?

IM using the eco grow lights they seem to work really well.
Im using standard compost , and im using tomatoe fertalizer.
I checked the back of the carton and it has nitrogen , magnisum , and lots of other nice things im aware a plant needs.
I read on the net they need similar things to tomatoes which are readily avalable in my diy store. I put silver paper over the top because I was told this helps combat any mold that might sneak in onto damp soil. It seems to have solved that problem.
I water her once a day with a diluted liquid. But I only started doing this about 3 days ago until I read on this forum about nutrients. This is my first plant so its a learning curve.
Its taken about id say 21 days to get to this point , and its still under 24 hour light.

If you are adding fertilizer to this soil your frying the plant. That pre-fert soil should last you all the way through veg.
Get the light closer make the plant not stretch so much.

The yellow problem started WAY before I was adding the fert. Thats why I started to add the fert in the hope it was a Nitrogen problem.
But it would appear not.

I'm not too sure but if you're at 8 weeks and only at that size it seems a little stunted to me. Might wanna try starting over with a whole new approach because by the time you fix the problem you'd already have another plant past that one. i'm at like 3 weeks and my plants are bigger than that. I dunno, just some advice.

Needs more light, maybe enclose it more with mylar.
Dont over water a plant that small should not need water for days.

Thanks for that.

It was 8 weeks from seed. I will try and not water it for a few days and see how that gets on.

Has anyone got any idea whats causing the yellow problem so I can at least try and save it or stop its growth from being stunted. I have lowerd the light down so its almost on top of it now.
Maybe if I can increase the c02 levels it will help it generate sugar faster and help it on its way. I am open to anything right now cause I dont want her to die.

i'm kinda on the new side to tweakin systems...but that reflective foil UNDER the plants needs to go...cut out cardboard or plastic or something and paint it BLACK. you DONT want light beaming on the bottom of the leaves...just my .02 :48: pass to you

OK thanks I just did that. i put some black socks over it for now lol maybe my bio mass will fetalize it haha.

Anyways I have orderd some organic pest control stuff aswell cause i got loads of those little flies everwhere fruit ones.

If I start over with verylimited space where would you say I was going wrong.

mintminty59 said:
OK thanks I just did that. i put some black socks over it for now lol maybe my bio mass will fetalize it haha.

Anyways I have orderd some organic pest control stuff aswell cause i got loads of those little flies everwhere fruit ones.

If I start over with verylimited space where would you say I was going wrong.

If you have flies you may have a root rot problem or you have larve living in the soil, maybe from rot or overwatering.

If you ditch that plant open up that dirt ball and look at the roots.

Not tryin to jack your thread,but that is the first i have heard of not getting light on the bottom of the leaves. Why would that be Octobong?

I would just like to say thank you for the help.

Could someone tell me quickly how to do a soil wash , and how to help cure a possible root problem.

It would appear the plant is sprouting new nodes at the sides which looks encouraging. Ive orderd some organic pest control so im hoping that will help.

Also do you think I should maybe start the flowering cycle on it now or wait until it shots some side sprouts so I can try and clone it just in case it is ill and I might lose it.

I would also like to add if stopped watering it and Im letting the light dry the soil out. Once the top layer is dry im churning it around a bit in the hope to get air in.

Once again thanks for answering my noob questions.

i`d wiat untill you get your problems sorted before thinking about flower, but i don`t think she`s a lost cause man.
you also have to wait untill you have some viable clones to take, and at this point i don`t think she`d be happy chopping branches, more stress...
flush 3 times the volume of your grow pots through your soil, using ph adjusted water:example being 3gallon pot-flush with 9gallon water.
don`t add nutes untill you see her recover.

Again thanks a lot for your replies , and I thought id give you all a update.

Since I spoke to you lot last I have not waterd the plant at all , took the foil of the top of the plant so light and heat could get to it to dry it out.

By the looks of it this has helped by quiet a lot. As you can see from the pictures there is considerable new growth.

Not only on the top , but also on the side of the stem. (im assuming these are new nodes). The yellowing has taken over the leaves that looked damaged and there is slight yellowing on the new leaves at the top.

Would I be correct to assume this has helped. Also do you think I should now wait for the soil to dry out before i do a flush out and maybe then use a hair dryer on cool setting to dry out the soil after the flush to prevent any more rot taking hold.

Your thoughts please

DSCF2729.JPG

DSCF2728.JPG

DSCF2727.JPG

DSCF2726.JPG

DSCF2725.JPG

Latest posts

Back