problems with first grow..... please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejademonkey

Reaction score
Setup:
-------------
-room: approx. 3 ft. x 6 ft.
-light: New Wave T5 8-lamp fixture (40,000 lumens)
-Box fan for air circulation
-Ventilated by leaving door open
-5 gal. containers

-Plants:
-------------
-random bagseed
-lights are on 18/6 and the temp is approx 73f-79f (usually about 75) when theyre on
-plants are between 6 in. and 9 in. tall approx
-all plants approx 23 days old
-Planted in a mix of Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and perlite
-watered with only distilled water
-havent tested PH, but just bought the equipment today and will do that asap
-no nutes or anything added yet, but will be using Fox Farms once said issues are resolved
-no signs of bugs or anything as far as I can see

Any one have any guesses whats going on with my plants? I tried looking at different guides online but didn't want to misdiagnose and screw them up more (note: I did look at one again and I think those "rust spots" im getting might be a calcium deficiency.. anyone agree?). I planted 14 plants and some of them look ok but some of them have problems (see the pix below). Thanks a ton for any and all help

I should also add that these problems really started showing up in the past week (not 100%, but they got a lot worse)

(pic1- splotchey leaf, pic2- "rust spots", pic3- curled edges, pic4- "rust spots" on leaf the where end dried up and crumbled, pic5- another splotchey leaf, pic6- wide shot of plant in pic1, pic7- too droopy?)

DSC01991.jpg

DSC01997.jpg

DSC01998.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

DSC02005.jpg

DSC02004.JPG

I should add that I just lifted up the leaf in pic4 to check the plant and got a real whiff of a "bad" smell from it (not the usual mj odor)

the last pic almost looks like overwatering, but i am not an expert. Chronic over watering can lead to soggy roots and stagnant, icky soil. if you slide the plant out of the pot to check the soil and it stinks or is soggy then transplant into fresh dry soil.

Those look overwatered... I'd be starting some light nutes on them too if u haven't yet

thanks Kade, will do

I did some research and I think that those "rust spots" im getting might be a calcium deficiency. Anyone else agree?

Latest posts

Back