Problems with tips of leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unseenghost

Reaction score
Okay I now have plants that the color is fading slowly to pale green. Nitrogen Def?? But the edges of the leaves are curling up to the sky, just the edges, not folding up. There seems to be no new growth on the biggest girl since a couple days ago.

PH is a tad high at 6.3
The PPM is Higher then I would like to see at 194

Tips of all plants are turning brown and drying up. Just the tips. See photos below.

Sorry I can't post the photos as they are already in the grow journal

PH sounds fine , it could be heat problems or even nutes , if youve added nutes not too long ago it could burn the tips ever so slightly , pics would help loads though

Looks like heat stress but 6.3 for hydro is to high.
I would get that down also 194 PPM does not seem high for that size plant.

How hot is it at the top of your plants?

PPM I know is a bit to high as for the ph I want to keep it around 5.5-5.8, but heard that 5.5-6.5 is the range. The temps at the tops of the plants is around 80-83.

As for the photos this is the error that I get:

Manage Attachments Upload Errors1.jpg:
You have already attached this file in thread : First Hydro Grow
2.jpg:
4.jpg:

unseenghost said:
PPM I know is a bit to high as for the ph I want to keep it around 5.5-5.8, but heard that 5.5-6.5 is the range. The temps at the tops of the plants is around 80-83.

As for the photos this is the error that I get:

Manage Attachments Upload Errors1.jpg:
2.jpg:
4.jpg:

Why do you think 194 ppm is high? my straight tap water reads 140.

The water I use straight out of the bottle ppm 1. So that is 193 difference and with the tips burning I thought that it was too high.

unseenghost said:
The water I use straight out of the bottle ppm 1. So that is 193 difference and with the tips burning I thought that it was too high.

Well I would try to lower your heat, straighten out your PH 5.5-5.8 is what your looking for, im sure you could back off your nutes if your worried it burning, I would rather be light on the nutes than over doin it.

Once your leaves edges stop rollin over you could raise it.

Good luck im sure you will fix it.

I am not sure if you are in soil or hydro but if soil then your pH is too low and you are getting lockout
If you are in hydro the pH is too high and you are getting lockout.

If the tips are drying up and dying you are overfeeding them.I know nothing about PPm as i feed with organicss and i ignore ppm as i feed on a schedule.

Latest posts

Back