Product: pHTestr 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubby

Reaction score
pHTestr 1 is a ph stick I've had for about 2 years now. It's accurate to 0.2, and displays in 0.1 intervals. It's spent 99% of it's life in a box, but I'm using it for my current grow. I calibrate it with PH 7 calibration liquid.
I never noticed this before, but there's a huge delay in the time it shows an accurate read, and the time I put it in the water. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but when I first bought it, it took 20 seconds max.

A normal process for me, along with reading time:
- ph test FILTERED WATER, should read 9.0 - 9.1 (40 sec)
- ph test PH ADJUSTER WATER, with ph down, should read 6.5 (20 sec)
- ph test SOIL RUN OFF WATER, reads 4.7 (1 min or more)
- ph test LIME ADDED SOIL RUN OFF WATER, with right lime ammount, should read 6.5 (15 sec)

Nothing in the instructions talk about reading time, they only say stir it in the liquid, and wait a few seconds. Now, when I go from reading say the FILTERED WATER, to the PH ADJUSTED WATER, it'll slowly work it's way down in 0.1 increments. I'm perplexed, and impatient. Anyone have similar troubles, or know how to correct this?

I have the same tester, delay and all. I was just yelling at myself about being impatient with it cause twice this week I over adjusted by not waiting for the tester to settle. I've had it less than a year and have only changed the batteries once. I haven't changed the probe at all, so I had planned on replacing it after this harvest. But if this is a chronic problem with this model I may just spend the extra to get a new tester.

Bjaebjoch

Latest posts

Back