Pruning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgreenthumb

Da Bagseedologist!
Reaction score
I was wondering about pruning during flower at about 45 days into it. My question would be if it is a good idea to cut away some of the larger leaves and would increase yield? After 3+ years growing I have never tried it.

I would say no but I'm sure some people do it, An alternative would be keeping he fan leaves and flushing your plant the last 2 weeks of flowering and watch the plant use the leftover nutrients in the leaves.

I agree, no cutting yer fan leaves away, they like the goodies inside 'em. I highly doubt yield will increase if you do it either. Though, you could try it on 1 plant and see if it works for you! ;)

Nope, yeild will not increase. Thats like taking away one of Fords factories then expecting them to make more cars. Big fan leaves are whats harnessing the light energy no make the buds grow, so taking them away would be terrible! I wouldn't even "try it out" on one plant, it's just simply a bad idea. Not only do they collect more energy, but they act as a buffer for the buds to protect against nute def., pest and disease. If something should go wrong with your plant, it'll go wrong with the big fan leaves first, take off the fan leaves, when something goes wrong with your plant, and the problem will manifest itself in the bud instead of the fan leaves. Sometimes I position some fan leaves so their shadow doesn't fall on any big buds, but thats about as much as should be done with them.

Latest posts

Back