Pulling air with an inline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2theGame

Reaction score
How far is too far to attempt to pull air? If my tent is about 20 feet from my fan do you guys/gals think it will be ok? I'm using a hydrofarm 400cfm w/6 inch outlet in a 3x3x6 tent.

I have my fan located remotely from my closet. It is probably about 15' and I have no problems.

Yeah you shld be fine...I run a 400 cfm inline in my 4x4x6.5 tent and it creates massive negative pressure. Granted my fan is not that far from the tent but there is plenty of pressure to spare. I cld easily move the fan 20 feet and still get good negative pressure. Jmo

Keep your ducting as straight as possible any slight curves or even worse bends reduce the efficiancy of the in line fan.

Don't know the figures, as in how many % cfm you lose per degree of curve but it can be quite large.

I think that bends and sags affect your air flow far more than distance, like dinkiefeet mentioned. Straight runs offer very little resistance.

Latest posts

Back